Skip to main content
Question

Are we being punked by this failed company?

• 20 May 2024
  • 4 replies

I’m a software developer for 25 years, and much of the last 15 spent on mobile platforms. I have NEVER seen such a blatant failure in my life. It has been many days and still I see “no products found” when I open the mobile app. And the scum that runs this company is silent, other than to make a moronic announcement about how brave they are for updating the app. Was that a f****** joke?!?!

And is the app the only problem? I doubt it. I suspect the latest firmware update(s) are also a pathetic broken attempt. Why? Because the new “web app” works fine (which proves my system is online and working even though the mobile app can’t find it), and because the Spotify app will sometimes see my speakers and play to them, even though the app can’t find them. And what are these lowlifes doing instead of fixing this? Well of course, they’re aggressively advertising they’re new headphones LMAOOOOOOOOO

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

100% correct. I have never experienced such horrible connection issues between an app and a corresponding product. I was just playing both of my Sonos Five, which are wonderful speakers, yesterday and now the app cannot find either of them. I went ahead a rest both speakers, deleted the app, rebooted the router, and for about an hour today the app found only one speaker, but could not connect to the second. Now the app can’t find either speakers (same day). WTF is going on? 

New system finds my Play1, constantly forgets both my Ones, can't figure the Era 300 at all, finds playbar and sub. Seems to find the older generations easier. Shows my One but when I hit play, volume goes to 0 and it won't,  while the Play1 and playbar are fine. Hard Reset everything twice. I'm shocked they released this. I have $2000 of garbage now and listening to my music on a crappy Alexa Echo. No chance I'll risk $ on their headphones. All was fine till I was forced to update with a new move to a new router.

Badge

Buy the two pairs bundle: A pair to use at home and one for when you go out.
Keep one pair of headphones on your desk and the other in your backpack for your next trip.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL xD

UPDATE: I typed in "Spectrum" and found an article that says their wifi/router causes speakers to drop all the time (in my case, multiple times a day). Era300, Play 1s were the worst. I tossed the Spectrum wifi unit and replaced with my TP Link mesh and all worked again. I had to reconnect my newer units (the playbar, sub reconnected automatically). All working for the last 2 days. I wish they would answer these posts and tell people certain wifi units are causing issues.