Answered

Apple Music Dolby Atmos crossfade on Sonos Arc

• 27 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
  • Trending Lyricist II
  • 21 replies

When my Sonos Playlist contains Apple Music Dolby Atmos tracks, those tracks will NOT crossfade. The first track has to end fully before the second is heard but starts 10 secs in (ie. no 10-second fade-up).

Crossfade works fine with non-Atmos tracks.

Is the Sonos bandwidth just not up to playing two Atmos tracks over one another? 

(I have a Sonos Arc with sub and surrounds.)

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 5 October 2023, 14:17

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Rhonny,

Thank you for providing us with this information. We’ve forwarded this to our engineering team who are currently looking into this, however we have no further information to share. For now, we would recommend you to disable crossfade or to remove Dolby Atmos tracks from your playlists. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thanks for that. Hopefully there will be a remedy in future updates, if the issue is replicated your side.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

The latest 15.11 update STILL doesn’t enable crossfading on Apple Music Dolby Atmos songs on an Arc/surrounds/sub setup… The next song will still only kick in once the previous one has faded out. Grrrrr.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

The latest 16.1 update STILL doesn’t enable crossfading on Apple Music Dolby Atmos tracks on an Arc/surrounds/sub setup! 

It’s now FIVE months since I brought this to Sonos’ attention, and there have been a number of updates since, but still no remedy. Can anyone on here with a similar set-up check whether it’s the same issue for them so that Sonos can be aware it’s not just a single user issue?

Here again is what I had originally posted:

“When my Sonos Playlist contains Apple Music Dolby Atmos tracks, those tracks will NOT crossfade. The first track has to end fully before the second is heard but starts 10 secs in (ie. no 10-second fade-up).

Crossfade works fine with non-Atmos tracks.

Is the Sonos bandwidth just not up to playing two Atmos tracks over one another? 

(I have a Sonos Arc with sub and surrounds.)”