Skip to main content
Answered

accepting terms of use-cant

updated app to 80.04.04 yesterday IOS 17.5.1 . The accpet term button is greyed out whichever option i choose on the front page

I have

deleted and reinstalled app

As above but from website

Changed country and back

Read terms and agreedments on safari and app and returned

Read all links and returned 

The accept button is still not active

24 replies

Userlevel 1

Same here. I’ve done all of the above multiple times but can’t get a black ACCEPT button. Works on iPad. Does not work in my iPhone. 

I suggest the following…

During this time of Sonos fixing things with the App I would suggest turning on automatic updates within the app. If you are manually updating the app you must first remove the current version from your device. The downside is that all data is removed including that which is to be changed/updated as well as that that requires no change/update.  In essence you are rebuilding the app from the ground up which in most instances can require rebuilding personal settings.

In technical terms you are pandering to what is known as a “volatile update” that destroys the previous version. This procedure may have been (emphasis on may have been) necessary in the first few updates; but IMO is no longer required.

Automatic updates work in the background and only that which is required to be changed/updated is affected

Userlevel 1

I found the problem on my iPhone. Go to screen settings and turn off the zoom setting that gives you larger icons. Pick the standard mode. With that, the accept button works, after you scroll through all the legal crap. 

I found the problem on my iPhone. Go to screen settings and turn off the zoom setting that gives you larger icons. Pick the standard mode. With that, the accept button works, after you scroll through all the legal crap. 

Glad you resolved your issue. Just to be clear to others it wasn’t anything wrong on the Sonos side (i.e. nothing was broken). It was the setting on your iPhone. 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hmm. Should a button on an app not work on all possible phone settings? Is it not the app's fault when it doesn't?

@106rallye

It wasn’t a case of the button not working. If the display is set to zoom and/or the text has been enlarged some data may not be visible and/or function properly even when scrolling.

If you’re using an iPhone go to settings and Click on Display and play around with Text Size and Zoom. Those settings can also affect how a page loads (i.e. renders).

I’ve experienced the issue on other apps/websites not related to Sonos.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hmm. Should a button on an app not work on all possible phone settings? Is it not the app's fault when it doesn't?

Of course it’s the App’s fault yes.  Many people with not so good eyesight have this accessibility feature permanently enabled so they can use their device.  It’s the same in good App and website design to work on different screen sizes and resolutions etc.

Some would have you believe there are no bugs and everything’s a network issue.  Thankfully, Sonos have recognised the issue and are working on a fix to the bug as a high priority.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Glad you resolved your issue. Just to be clear to others it wasn’t anything wrong on the Sonos side (i.e. nothing was broken). It was the setting on your iPhone. 😊

If there was nothing wrong on the Sonos side why are they fixing it as a high priority?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @nickrp 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

We have identified an issue whereby some users will be unable to progress past the step of accepting the Terms & Conditions within the Sonos app.

Please ensure that you have not set your mobile device to enlarge the contents of the screen in any way - if you have, setting the zoom back to the standard setting may allow you to accept the T&Cs in the app.

If the above does not help, please try using the Sonos app on a different device in the meantime - if that is an option for you.

We have no estimate for when a fix might be put in place, but this issue is a high priority. I’ll update this thread when it is resolved. Thank you for your patience.

I hope this helps.

If there was nothing wrong on the Sonos side why are they fixing it as a high priority?

@sjw 

I have no answer for you. It appears you live to try and draw people into your conversations of negativity. I stand by my first analysis as the OP discovered the same. Sometimes things occur as a coincidence (i.e. Sonos discovering that SOME may not be able to complete the process) or maybe you’ve never heard of such. As far as Sonos making it a high priority I’d expect nothing less. You do realize not being able to accept the T&C’s will prevent a person from enjoying Sonos. Accepting T&C’s is SOP in the tech world and others areas as well. Try buying a house without accepting the T&C’s of the loan agreement.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

You miss the point.  You can't have an answer I guess because you falsely claimed there wasn't an issue with the App when there is.

I’m more open to the possibility that Sonos can get some things wrong, you appear to be unable to do so and felt the need to (wrongly) post that “to be clear to others it wasn’t anything wrong on the Sonos side (i.e. nothing was broken)” when in fact, again, there was.

Like you feel there are no bugs when, thankfully, Sonos are acknowledging them and actively fixing them.

I absolutely understand the impact of not being able to accept T's & C's and appreciate Sonos actively fixing the issue, especially for the users affected.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@AjTrek1 This does not look like someone enlarging the screen and forgetting to swipe up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@AjTrek1 This does not look like someone enlarging the screen and forgetting to swipe up.

Of course it's not just that - although not allowing selections to be made when in some accessibility modes is still an issue, but thankfully being addressed in addition.

Posting factually incorrect information should be called out, we now have quite the expert on that in the house it appears.  Maybe only some are allowed to do so.

Did you read @Dberry’s answer? BTW they didn’t forget to swipe up as I ascertain from the answer. It just wasn’t visible. But if you want believe there’s a serious problem with the App that sooner or later will manifest itself for everyone…then so be it. At this juncture I’m going with @Corry P’s response that SOME may experience the issue. I also still say that the revelation or timing regarding this incident as an issue for SOME with the app is sheer coincidence. At least those who do experience the anomaly have an acknowledgment from Sonos. That’s assuming they come across this thread or call Sonos. Furthermore I’m just not the alarmist that many seem to be during this time when the app is less than perfect. Oh…was there ever a time when the app was perfect 🤔

I’m another user who can’t use the ACCEPT button having reinstalled the SONOS app and tried every “fix” noted to no avail. I’ve now got thousands of dollars of audio gear I can’t use….brilliant SONOS. I can’t believe that a company of this magnitude can stuff something up so comprehensively. Why was the old app changed??? haven’t they heard of “if it ain’t broken, why fix it”

Badge

Had the same problem on the iPad after a reinstall, split screen lit up the button. Don’t think you have that choice on the iPhone. (iPad OS 18 beta.)

Had the same problem with an M2 iPad Pro. 
The ‘accept’ button was completely visible just greyed out.

opened all the T&Cs links incase you had to demonstrate you have read them but it made no difference.

Reading one post above about scrolling up etc, I tried it having assumed it was more related to other posts about screens being zoomed in etc and the accept button being ‘off screen’

low and behold, scrolling the screen basically refreshed it and the button turned black.

not exactly intuitive imho, but at least it’s working. 
can’t think of any other app that works like that tbh. 
the entire screen is visible inc the button, but seems to need to scrolled up just to make the button available!?!?!

it’s not a screen refresh issue as clicking on the T&C ‘small print’ link and then returning to the accept screen doesn’t stop the accept button being greyed out.

Having same issue with IPad Mini running 17.5.1.

accept button was visible but completely greyed out….pretty annoying

fortunately, can still use the speakers (one & roam) through Spotify

Had this issue on my iPad. Rotating it to horizontal fixed it, the button turned black. Pretty crappy UX Sonos, but being a 10 year+ owner, I’m used to this crap 🫠

Can’t get it to work with brand-new Five on iPad 13”

So - wait a minute, do I get this correctly: Amazon delivers a Euro 500 Box and I can’t switch it on? Brilliant!

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Can’t get it to work with brand-new Five on iPad 13”

So - wait a minute, do I get this correctly: Amazon delivers a Euro 500 Box and I can’t switch it on? Brilliant!

Did you turn the iPad landscape as suggested? Have you also scrolled right down to the bottom?

Did you turn the iPad landscape as suggested? Have you also scrolled right down to the bottom?

Of course - after reading this thread: rotate, split, scroll - what else. Eventually, I enabled stage manager and made the window aspect ratio akin that of a phone. That worked finally.

When buying my first Sonos, I was fully aware of the talk on software problems. But that it’s so bad that you can’t even switch on a brand-new box was not in my books.

This should be sold with a WARNING: Does not work with iPad.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

But it does work with iPad. Just not your iPad.

still not working on my mini. i can of course Cancel since that button is dark. and below the Accept button!