Wishlist for Sonos Controller Improvements

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

291 replies

ANDROID
1) Add hamburger menu in all settings screens in order to return to other parts of the app.

REASON: I installed dedicated in wall POE android tablets as permanent sonos controllers; eliminating the HOME, BACK, and RECENTS buttons and forcing the OS to run only the Sonos App. It's impossible to return to the rest of the app once tapping on settings currently.

2) Add kiosk mode so people can't mess with the settings; lock out settings with a PIN.
In addition it would be nice to be able to set up Zone Group favourites like (1) All Speakers, (2) Living Room and Kitchen, (3) Kitchen and Balcony, (4) Bedroom, Living Room and KItchen and stuff like that. This way the alarm clock could be configured correctly for a specific group, e.g. for group (4), too. At the moment it's either "bedroom only" or "bedroom + whatever was grouped before". If balcony was in the group, you have music outside at 7AM - which is very annoying.
I would also like full controller customization but what I would really like is for when my alarm goes off in the morning and I turn my iPhone on the room that is being used is the room displayed not the last room used. I shouldn't have to look for which room to control if there's only one room in use.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
If you prefer bright orange, you can cast directly from google play android, and not use sonos app at all.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Can't be up to users? You must have not seen the 5.0 fury....and there are still people who dislike but stopped complaining.
Badge +1
I'm sure that's the case. But it cannot always be up to the users to decide. pixellated icons and fuzzy graphics cannot be the "sonos spirit" 2016. You guys should be on the bleeding edge when it comes to sound and design. I believe a small refresh is valid here.

I don't know how to argue against those who still want the old design but most of the complaints I have seen concerned early version 5, where people might have gotten upset due to rapid design changes rather than bad design. Maybe they are more ready now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
It is a rather old interface point taken. But fee have complained about the look and many have complained asking for it not to be replaced.
Badge +1
There have been a few requests over the years for the personal preference of color change on desktop app. There have been many many more requests to leave alone the desktop app. As has been said, don't expect to see any interface changes to of version. If there were to be changes it would more likely be moving it toward the mobile version which a lot of people have protested against.

I'm sure what you are saying is true. But from design point of view the desktop app is god damn awful. Atleast give us flat design, sharp edges (retina friendly) and better choice of colours.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
There have been a few requests over the years for the personal preference of color change on desktop app. There have been many many more requests to leave alone the desktop app. As has been said, don't expect to see any interface changes to of version. If there were to be changes it would more likely be moving it toward the mobile version which a lot of people have protested against.
All the features in the world are pointless If you cannot read the screen - ahhhhhh
I can see requests going back years for an option to change the colour scheme for the Sonos Controller for PC - dark blue and grey on black is unreadable. This has to be a glaring issue and such as easy one to fix. PLEASE
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Yes. There has been request before for a fade out option when stopping music. Especially when listening to a song and chose another. Instead of hard cutoff a soft fade out of the current playing.
Badge
A minor thing, but one I've always missed in iTunes and am now missing in the OS X Sonos Controller: Let me press SHIFT-Pause to fade out gently.
Stopping a piece of music before its time has come is a cruel thing to do. Sometimes, it's necessary, so I like to be able to do it gently.
Winamp used to have this!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Jaws - my top request. I would like to see setting where you can activate secure mode that requires pin entered to give full control to a controller (otherwise grouping, queue manipulation other than add, and volume locked)

Brining - lock control is available on android. They tried on iOS but had some issues and pulled it a year or so ago. No info on future availability.
Badge
Would be great to have the music controls on the lock screen, just like Apple Music, Spotify and just about every other music app out there since 2013 http://cdn.iphonehacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/ios-7-lockscreen-scrubber-bar.jpg
Having had a party where more than one guest decided to take control of my system from their phones, I'd like some kind of optional PIN or login for different controllers, i.e. a guest mode.
When a playbar is bonded with surround I'd like an option that, when playing music, switches off the surround.. Surround switches back on when TV is selected..

A sort of TV or Line in autoplay, but with the on/off..

AUTO SURROUND SWITCH

I'd like this too, and it could be completely automatic because music is always stereo-only.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
There definitely should be an option in the library to sort (or filter) tracks by YEAR. Its should be added to the headings... currently Artists, Albums, Composers, Songs, Genres. Perhaps an advanced option to display say four of these headings if screen space is an issue.

The only way I've found to do this currently is to create multiple playlists, one for each year, which is rather tedious and inflexible when new tracks are to be added.
hi,

Now that they implement trueplay and Apple Music with IOS controller, I think it would be nice to improve the IOS controller. I am a android and IOS user.My opinion is that the android controller is more userfriendly and is more intgrated with android system. what I miss on IOS:
* integration with control panel
* widget integration
* maybe a feeling, but the performance is better on a android.

kind regards,

Jonay
Hello

2 requests / idea :
- for play 5 (gen2) : enabling the Swype control to move to the next/previous favorite radio station. I don't know if it is an hardware or a software issue
- Displaying the current track for each favorite radio station on the favorite page.
2 Requests: The track limit of about 60,000 songs means that 1/3 of my library remains unavailable. I would also LOVE that an Apple TV app be available so that I can access Sonos through the TV and it be visible to my entire party rather than crowding around an iPad or iPhone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
If not roll back, then why not the option to stay on the current working version?
Userlevel 6
Badge +11
we already know the "roll back.." is not a possible option. its not fair to include it as a lot of us would gladly roll back to v4.3 if we could..
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
how about windows phone support.
Hello,

Few things I'd like to see tweaked/added please Sonos -

1. Make the 'confirmation of added to list/queue' pane translucent so you can still interact with the app before it fades away. It's really irritating having to wait for it to go!

2. When adding to playlist - allow select/check of more than one playlist to add to. It seems like it's laid out do so already but can only select one. Otherwise why not dismiss the page as soon as a list is selected?

3. Ability to make multiple track selections and copy to other playlists.

4. Search for people's profiles on Spotify (like you can on Spotify)

Please Sonos

Anyone agree?

You might not, but others do. Sorting algorithms are *VERY* basic. The code to implement them is really easy.

Without an engineering level of knowledge on exactly how and what Sonos stores in a playlist, nobody can say how easy it is. Example, if a playlist of Spotify songs simply stores a service number and a link, with no local metadata, it would have to perform a metadata query on every track for each of the sorts you list above. For anything but the shortest of playlists, that is not "easy", nor efficient, no matter how simple the sorting code is.