Version 8 for IOS is terrible

• 9 October 2017
  • 28 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

28 replies

Userlevel 3
So if Favourites weren't listed alphabetically in the previous app, can you remind me what the order was? And what customisations were available?

I agree that it is harder to know which room you are controlling and I hope that improves. But I just swipe down the Now Playing screen, (touch 'Rooms' if that doesn't appear immediately), and double tap the room I want. It only takes a second.

I'm talking about the 'My Sonos' screen. If I can't customise it, it isn't 'mine'.

My biggest gripe is to have to switch screens all the time. For example, I'm on my Kitchen Room, I now have to go to rooms, select Study, now go to browse and select the content. Before it was much quicker.
Couldn't agree more - the latest update Version 8 for IOS is by the far the worst yet. I have been a Sonos user since it first came to Australia and have always loved it. But for some reason there seems to be an irresistible urge to change things where no change is necessary. If there is an identifiable improvement then I have no issue, but this version is more clunky and more difficult to manage than previous versions, and not at all intuitive. Please change it back!!!!
So if Favourites weren't listed alphabetically in the previous app, can you remind me what the order was? And what customisations were available?

I agree that it is harder to know which room you are controlling and I hope that improves. But I just swipe down the Now Playing screen, (touch 'Rooms' if that doesn't appear immediately), and double tap the room I want. It only takes a second.