using Amazon Music on Sonos with 4G Router

• 22 February 2020
  • 35 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

35 replies

Why on earth do these companies hide the DNS Settings and make things so difficult? .. I appreciate that you might not want to mess with the developers menu at this stage etc.

Anyhow I have just reset my Huawei E5776 MiFi with a 3 sim dara card to its defaults to check this and connected a Sonos Move speaker to its hotspot and then performed some searches and its working okay here. So that appears to rule out the 3 DNS servers. Some screenshots are attached.

Is there a firewall you can temporarily disable on your device?

Badge

Thank you Ken.

You seem to get my frustration.

I have just spoken to Three Tech services, I think in India.  They, as I expected, were only able to confirm that the 4G connection is good and understood little about connecting with a SONOS network but they have set up a call for me to chat to Huawei tomorrow.  
The device is a Huawei B535 which is a quite recent router but I can’t find out how to change the DNS vis the device service app

Searching on google is not revealing much, I did find something entering developer mode with function keys in Chrome but being armed with only an IPad,  maybe not

I seem to be successful at finding out what it is not. 

again thank you for help

Leopard, 

Just to add I’m also in the U.K. and I know that both 'EE' and the '3’ Network work okay with a Huawei 3G/4G MiFi device as I use those providers when travelling with my Sonos. I also use the Amazon Music HD service ...If that information helps you to perhaps eliminate some things.👍

Just to eliminate the obvious.  I have re connected SONOS to wire router and AMAZON MUSIC Service works as it should.

i am very confused because in every other respect SONOS works and everything else also works faster with the the 4G router than With the wire broadband connection 

other music services e.g. TuneIn work perfectly has anyone any idea what could be confusing AMAZON MUSIC. 

I will return the 4G router tomorrow if I have to but don’t really want to because it is so much faster than my wire connection.

Sounds like the 4G router or the provider is blocking a port or something .. do you have a different SIM card that you can try from another provider, that’s if the device is sim free?... I assume the change of DNS was also tried earlier??

Leopard,

After trying and failing to get the Amazon Music searches to work, Submit a Sonos diagnostic report from “Settings/Help & Tips” and post it’s reference back here and with s bit of luck the Support Staff passing by this thread may take a look to see if there are any obvious issues that’s blocking the results.

If you’ve not heard anything in 24 hours or so, then follow this LINK to report the incident and see if the customer care team can assist.

Badge

Just to eliminate the obvious.  I have re connected SONOS to wire router and AMAZON MUSIC Service works as it should.

i am very confused because in every other respect SONOS works and everything else also works faster with the the 4G router than With the wire broadband connection 

other music services e.g. TuneIn work perfectly has anyone any idea what could be confusing AMAZON MUSIC. 

I will return the 4G router tomorrow if I have to but don’t really want to because it is so much faster than my wire connection.

Badge

Tried all the above plus.  Realising the router I’d dual band I have disabled the 5 GHz band. Thinking it could be that.

more playing with it shows that I can search on individual Songs from Amazon and play them but if I search on Artists, Albums, Playlists etc I get a blank screen with the wheel of death.

so it looks like I am connecting to amazon i just can’t control it.

This is irrespective of 5 ghz being enabled or not.

Try this perhaps…

1. Remove the Amazon Music Service in 'Settings/Services’.
  2. Reset the Sonos App in 'Settings/App Preferences'.

App will close and ensure it is fully closed. Now open App and choose the option to ‘Connect to existing System’ 

Go back to ‘Settings/Services’ and add the Amazon Music Service again and login with the same credentials as those in use in the Native Amazon Music App installed on the controller device.

Then see if that works. If not, then try a different DNS Server on your 4G router as mentioned earlier. Also check there is no security software, or Firewall, on the mobile controller that might be blocking the connection. 

Badge

Thank you for your very fast response.
you are right in your first assumption.

It’s the  built in Amazon Music Service on SONOS which after successfully searching for an album eventually displays the message “unable to browse music”  when I try to select and individual track 

However

The Amazon Music App works. 

everything else appears to work exactly as it did.

I assume you’re referring to the built-in Amazon Music Service installed in the Sonos App? Does the actual 'native' Amazon Music App work on your mobile controller device? If not, then ...

Perhaps try a different DNS server on the 4G router, such as the google public servers 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 and see if that fixes it,