1601 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

The old app ver. 16.1. can be downloaded here:

Sonos 16.1 APK Download by Sonos, Inc - APKMirror

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Userlevel 2

@jedmunds2017 , That would require an underlying change to Sonos, so that the ‘player’ resides on your controller, rather than on the speakers themselves. 

Then just do that!

Userlevel 3
Badge

So the timeline is now a month just to be able to drag and drop songs around in the queue?

Hmmm drag and drop, you are optimistically hopeful. All they have said is ‘adding to the queue’. Anything more than that might be several months away.

Userlevel 3
Badge

We set out to create a more personalized and effortless listening experience with the updated Sonos app. It was rebuilt from the ground up to ensure it could support future innovation in the years to come. For its initial rollout, we focused on how we could answer some of the most common requests from our customers, including increased reliability, performance, and faster access to music.

Many of you have shared valuable feedback on both the improvements that have made your experience better, as well as the areas where we fell short. We are listening to all of your comments and working to address them as quickly as possible. Over the coming weeks, we will reintroduce the below features, while fixing bugs and performance issues. Thank you for your engagement and we look forward to building upon this first step to create a listening experience that meets everyone’s needs.

• Screen reader for visually impaired customers: May 21
  • Adding and editing alarms: May 21
  • Adding to queue and playing next: early June
  • Sleep timer: mid-June
  • Local music library search and playback: mid-June 
  • Update Wi-Fi settings: mid-June

One thing I don’t see here is anything to do with Playlists. I’d like a timeline for that pls.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

After reading numerous discussions about the disastrous update and the obvious lack of concrete, useful responses from Sonos I have realized that Sonos does not care about its customers, their opinions, or their needs.

CEO cares about his options. Share options. Should be heading for the door but will probably get a performance related bonus, such is the world.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Don’t forget the AMA in a few days. Might be some interesting discussion 

Userlevel 3
Badge

We set out to create a more personalized and effortless listening experience with the updated Sonos app. It was rebuilt from the ground up to ensure it could support future innovation in the years to come. For its initial rollout, we focused on how we could answer some of the most common requests from our customers, including increased reliability, performance, and faster access to music.

Many of you have shared valuable feedback on both the improvements that have made your experience better, as well as the areas where we fell short. We are listening to all of your comments and working to address them as quickly as possible. Over the coming weeks, we will reintroduce the below features, while fixing bugs and performance issues. Thank you for your engagement and we look forward to building upon this first step to create a listening experience that meets everyone’s needs.

• Adding and editing alarms: May 21
  • Adding to queue and playing next: early June
  • Sleep timer: mid-June
  • Local music library search and playback: mid-June 
  • Update Wi-Fi settings: mid-June

I appreciate the update on the update timeline BUT honestly I DO NOT CARE. I have been a customer of SONOS since the very beginning. I only want to seamlessly listen to my music, like i always have BUT now I cannot. FIX THAT ISSUE, because 2 days ago..I had all of the below 

• Adding and editing alarms: ALWAYS HAD
  • Adding to queue and playing next: ALWAYS HAD
  • Sleep timer: ALWAYS HAD
  • Local music library search and playback:ALWAYS HAD
  • Update Wi-Fi settings:ALWAYS HAD

NOT ANY MORE…

Userlevel 3
Badge

What a load of nonsense. 

Roll back the changes and then release a tested product instead of making consumers wait for you to fix a broken product. 

Userlevel 3

Why release something when these basic features available since years in previous app are not available right from the start… Why do we have to wait mid june, best case, to have these functionality back ? Did you ever used your own SONOS system before ?

Who the hell said yes to release this version ? This guy should be fired right now … and bring us back the old app with another name in the app store.

Android users are lucky to be able to install previous apk, iOS users are stuck with this dumb version…..

Nothing working since upgrade. Can't access any music whatsoever. Very frustrating! 

I am amazed and surprised at the way Sonos run roughshod over their customers.

My early experiences of Sonos were both good and bad.  The good points were the flexibility of the original and quality of sound of the speakers plus the ability to integrate my hi FI system into the network and use my hi FI amp and speakers.  However, the change to the S2 app (only a matter of months after adding a Connect and Sonos 5 (S1) to my system) necessitated me to make a decision as to whether to ‘upgrade’/update my system to be compatible with the S2 app or stick with the S1 app; after careful consideration I chose the latter; thank goodness I did!  The app still works with all my speakers and whilst it has limited functionality at least it works.

i suspect that in the not too distant future I will be forced to make a further decision but until then I will continue with my current setup.

Because of the App really regret having a Sonos system and specially after the update.

Now I am having the following problems:

1. Some times is impossible to play music 
  2. When I play a new song starts to sound in a different room than the one music is playing 
  3. Is really hard to look for music, like finding an album of an artist
  4.  Stops sounding with out any reason
  5. Is super slow to start playing music 
  6. Now is hard to access the equalizer 

PLEASE fix this issues 

Mid-June for access to my Music Library is an appalling lack of attention to what customers want.  The whole premise of Sonos has been YOUR music where you want it - not streaming services given priority, but YOUR music.

The app is now completely unusable if you don’t subscribe to music services. 

I previously thought BluOS had the worst “update” to their ecosystem with their much-maligned BluOS 4.0, and I’ve been on forums where people have been saying “Look at Sonos! They have got it right!” - and then you release this, and suddenly you’ve got the worst music controller on the market.

How did this pass even the most perfunctory of Beta Testing? Did no-one think - hang about, how do I access my music? Where do I set an alarm? To paraphrase Dr Ian Malcolm, you were so preoccupied with whether or not you could you didn’t stop to think if you should.

Or to directly quote Dr Malcolm, That is one big pile of shit.

I thought I must be doing some wrong but this new app is unreal - connectivity drops, it always turns on the same player (i.e. my bedroom) any time I change a station, can’t play a list of songs/forward?  WTF?  I can’t believe I just bought two more sonos speakers a few months ago - how I would love to change to amazon at this point.  Crazy.  about the only thing that works is pandora when the network isn’t dropping.

Userlevel 2

So we’re all supposed to wait weeks for us to use our very expensive systems?  I have ten SONOS devices that are all essentially USELESS until you get around to updating your app - an app that previously worked fine.  A $3,000 + system shouldn’t be expected to be rendered useless because of an app update. 

Any California people want to consider a class action lawsuit for loss of use?

So we’re all supposed to wait weeks for us to use our very expensive systems?  I have ten SONOS devices that are all essentially USELESS until you get around to updating your app - an app that previously worked fine.  A $3,000 + system shouldn’t be expected to be rendered useless because of an app update. 

You should be able to use them in a basic way while they add back features. But there are many many bugs, so it might be a while before it works smoothly, we’ll see. 

I am truly disappointed with this new App. Sonos came highly recommended 5 years ago when I was investigating getting a new surround system at Best Buy for our new home. 

now, I am reconsidering offloading my Sonos Products because the App does not support syncing the products for a true surround sound system. 

What is the eta to fix the issues. I work for a Big Bank for the past 36 years and whenever we launch new devices to our customers we TEST and TEST and TEST to include more TESTING prior to launching. For a company your size I am dumbfounded that your team pushed this App version without diligently thinking about your Customer Experience? I would have volunteered my services to help TEST this new App because in my personal opinion SONOS is the best product on the market from my experience but now I have my doubts.

Please advise /  confirm when your team will have the sync feature to include all tye features from the previous version readily available? 

HELP !

Userlevel 2

What on Earth have you done with this “update”?

it’s actually awful.

i used to easily be able to control the volume and playback on each speaker.

now none of that works in the now format and I have to use the controls on the top of each speaker to control the volume. 
my boost is no longer recognised and despite doing factory reset and turning the router on and off, it no longer connects to my system. I sat in the queue for support for so long the other day, I couldn’t wait any longer and gave up. 
I suspect due to all the problems you’ve created by rushing through fixes to problems that weren’t really there. Why not wait until it’s ready to launch before launching it. 
I’m fast losing confidence in Sonos ability to deliver what’s needed to run the products properly. 
Perhaps time for a change?

oh and every time I open the app, it’s says update app, then disappears. What a load of rubbish.

The new App is so sluggish, it is completely unusable.  When I adjust the volume, it takes 10 - 60 seconds before the volume is adjusted. The current playing song information does not update for many minutes. It takes many attempts to select playing music in different rooms.  There are many other issues. What is the plan to get a new version out with all of these basic issues fixed or can you please provide an option to revert back to the old version of the App? This update has practically bricked my entire Sonos system (4 amps, 1 arc, 1 subwoofer)!

Can I please get a ETA for users of Airsonic / Subsonic / Bonob who lost their ability to see their library in Sonos please ?

Or you just silently dropped the opportunity to run your own service at home. Please at least answer us on that topic.

Userlevel 2

You should be able to use them in a basic way while they add back features. But there are many many bugs, so it might be a while before it works smoothly, we’ll see. 

My TV sound system is essentially useless with this update, doesn’t want to communicate with the system now.  I cannot reliably play from Amazon Unlimited or Sirius services in any room or groups.  So, not sure how much more functionality they think I need than that, the basics.  

Userlevel 1

I just purchased 2 Sonos Move speakers and was getting used to the old interface and had hopes of explaining it to the other members of our household. The new update  seems clunky and irrational. I can’t imagine being able to explain it to anyone other than by saying “thrash around for a long time and maybe get some music to play from some kind of source, then back out of various menus for a long time and repeat”. I don’t need speed as much as I need a rational, reliable interface. Please please please provide a rollback option to the previous version. 

Userlevel 1

I can no longer play albums in my local music library from my NAS when accessed via “folder” interface.   This kills the system for me and there is no way to roll-back to previous version of the app…..crazy poor implementation of an “improved experience” that actually makes it far worse!   

Userlevel 1

We set out to create a more personalized and effortless listening experience with the updated Sonos app.

I have news for you: You botched your intentions, and you did it not in a royal way but in an imperial way. This must be one of the worst clusterf*cks I’ve yet experienced in my 55 year long life. Good luck recovering from this!