The New Sonos App and Future Feature Updates

Show first post

1622 replies

I am not able to access Qobuz playlists since upgrade.

Your quality for your app is the poorest I have ever seen.

Let me roll back to previous version!!!

Patrick 

Why do some of my IHeart radio stations work and not the other. I disappointed that I did the update. I told the wife to avoid it like the plague. 

When is the Home Screen Widget coming back?  That should be an easy 'fix' to bring that small code function back from the prior version.

I know I'm not adding anything new here but want add another voice.  Iisten to alot of podcasts and some audio books and the removal of the notification bar, buttons to  rewind/skip 15/45 seconds and not being able to see what the seconds are while moving the bar is all infuriating.  As someone with a mental disability and I need those buttons because I need relisten to what someone says to understand them and now my speakers are virtually unusualabe for audio books since the chapters can be 2hrs long. Thanks for making things less accessible  

The only update I ever wanted to see from Sonos app is for them to finally add Playback speed options; not this.

Can you at least bring back the old app like you do for Sonos gen1? Giving the customers more options would be great.

Please and thank you

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

guys…. the only answer right now is to    1. Delete the current app.   2. read up on installing Sonos app 16.1 (the previous S2 one) on apkmirror.com for Android   3.  Enter Airplane mode to cut off 5G and Wifi.  4. DISABLE auto updates in the Play store for the app itself    5.  exit airplane mode

not sure what Apple users have to do

Don't forget to disable Automatic Updates in your SONOS system too. You don't want your speakers to update to a new firmware and have the old app unable to communicate with your speakers.

Would be grateful if you could give steps to find this setting - is in the app? Can’t see it anywhere. Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

roll

it

back

thank you 

We set out to create a more personalized and effortless listening experience with the updated Sonos app. It was rebuilt from the ground up to ensure it could support future innovation in the years to come. For its initial rollout, we focused on how we could answer some of the most common requests from our customers, including increased reliability, performance, and faster access to music.

Many of you have shared valuable feedback on both the improvements that have made your experience better, as well as the areas where we fell short. We are listening to all of your comments and working to address them as quickly as possible. Over the coming weeks, we will reintroduce the below features, while fixing bugs and performance issues. Thank you for your engagement and we look forward to building upon this first step to create a listening experience that meets everyone’s needs.

Available now

To access these changes, check for updates in the iOS / Android app store to download the latest version of the Sonos app. Make sure your Sonos products are also up to date.

• Adding and editing alarms
  • VoiceOver on iOS now properly interacts with individual elements of the Sonos app's home screen.

Coming soon

• Additional improvements to screen reader for visually impaired customers: May 21
  • Adding to queue and playing next: early June
  • Sleep timer: mid-June
  • Snooze alarms: mid-June
  • Local music library search and playback: mid-June
  • Update WiFi settings: mid-June

Bring back Alarms Now ! ⏰

I’m back from holidays and can’t set it back ON 😭

Life is so sad without music to start the day in a good mood !

Userlevel 1
Badge

Or just to keep the morning in sequence.  I have a routine where each program change at a certain time means something to my morning routine without having to look at the clock.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

We set out to create a more personalized and effortless listening experience with the updated Sonos app. It was rebuilt from the ground up to ensure it could support future innovation in the years to come. For its initial rollout, we focused on how we could answer some of the most common requests from our customers, including increased reliability, performance, and faster access to music.

Many of you have shared valuable feedback on both the improvements that have made your experience better, as well as the areas where we fell short. We are listening to all of your comments and working to address them as quickly as possible. Over the coming weeks, we will reintroduce the below features, while fixing bugs and performance issues. Thank you for your engagement and we look forward to building upon this first step to create a listening experience that meets everyone’s needs.

Available now

To access these changes, check for updates in the iOS / Android app store to download the latest version of the Sonos app. Make sure your Sonos products are also up to date.

• VoiceOver on iOS now properly interacts with individual elements of the Sonos app's home screen.

Coming soon

• Additional improvements to screen reader for visually impaired customers: May 21

Did you not read what you just posted?  The Sonos post you copied in your reply states that alarms have been included in today’s update and is available to download.  And you reply by saying ‘bring back alarms…’ ???

Userlevel 1
Badge

Available now

Coming soon

Did you not read what you just posted?  The Sonos post you copied in your reply states that alarms have been included in today’s update and is available to download.  And you reply by saying ‘bring back alarms…’ ???

You have to successfully get all of the devices updated in order to access the alarms setting.  I got my Beams updated, and I’m still having a hard time getting some of the others to update.

no native macOS app, neither iOS widget?

Just being able to connect to our existing speakers would be nice. Not having to re-register existing products that ultimately fails creating a process loop, constant “unable to connect try later” style error messages. Just the simple things that Sonos is meant to do… play music through speakers

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

You have to successfully get all of the devices updated in order to access the alarms setting.  I got my Beams updated, and I’m still having a hard time getting some of the others to update.

I updated my app and all my units, but Alarms still don’t show for me.  I even did the “force quite the app” thing they suggested.  I assume they will show up for me soon...

Userlevel 1
Badge

I updated my app and all my units, but Alarms still don’t show for me.  I even did the “force quite the app” thing they suggested.  I assume they will show up for me soon...

I finally got all but the Play:5 Gen 2 updated, so now 2 of the 3 devices show alarms--the Play:5 Gen 2 that I just mentioned doesn’t show up because its not updated.  I’m about to go test the PlayBase to see if the audio issue is fixed or not.

Alarms are showing here for me now on the new (iPad and Android) Sonos controller Apps. I followed the steps mentioned in the Sonos AMA, reproduced below, to save anyone having to searchi for the steps…

1. Update your app to:
    1. iOS: 80.00.08 - available now in the App Store
    2. Android: 80.00.05 - available now in the Play Store
  2. Update your firmware to 79.0-52294 - available now via the Sonos App:
    1. Tap the settings gear in the top right
    2. Select “Manage” next to your system name
    3. Select System Updates
    4. Select Check for Updates
  3. Launch the Sonos app twice in order to guarantee we fetch the latest feature flags:
    1. Start the Sonos app
    2. Force quit the app
    3. Start the Sonos app again
Userlevel 4
Badge +6

I found it. You have to update the APP and the Sonos system

I have been using an Android rolled back to 16.1 while the new app gets fixed.  I worry that updating devices’ OS with an update will make them incompatible with 16.1.

The way the updated APP rollout has occurred is basically the biggest bait and switch I’ve ever fell victim to.  I can’t fathom why a system that has been rock stable for years (and which has been out of warranty for much longer) has suddenly been lobotomized by the manufacturer with no recourse.  

Increased Reliability: Fail - Frequent crashes and missing components or system

Performance: Fail -- Numerous missing features

Faster access to music: FAIL -- Very unresponsive and laggy app.

PLEASE let us roll back to 16.1 in a supported way.  At least for a few months while you sort this out in a proper beta test.

Userlevel 1
Badge

After tonight’s update of all Sonos products in the house to 16.2, the PlayBase and Connect:Amp are still having the same audio issues that started with the update last week.  I haven’t had a chance to finish testing everything else out, but if the only fix is to replace these items, maybe it will be a replacement with HEOS or Bluesound.  I’ll still have 5 more rooms to swap after that, which is going to get expensive.

Userlevel 1

I have installed dozens of Sonos players for my customers. 
yesterday, couldn’t change the Wi-Fi. Was told by customer service to factory reset every box. 12 of them. Lucky, somebody still had the S2 app.
Lots of functions are gone. Very embarrassing for me after praising this product for years. 
Put back S2 until you fixed everything. 
Put it this way. Already Actively looking for a different product. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

from the AMA:

Regarding responsiveness, I am sorry to hear you are having a bad experience. There are many factors that can contribute to this. We built the app to gather telemetry and data around these error states so we can continue to resolve issues for all users.

Conclusion: it will take some time before you can use your system

For me this is unacceptable. After having enjoyed Sonos for more than 10 years, I will move on to another vendor.

Userlevel 1

Can you not just roll back the app until this app is ready? It is so disappointing to see good speakers destroyed by terrible software.

I cannot shut off the damn alarm I had set in the old app, as it is not available in the new app.  My Sonos one keeps waking me up an hour and a half before I want to get up. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

In addition to "reintroducing" basic features, your development team might also want to invest some development time in learning about version control and roll-back scenarios.

Just restore to the old version while you fix your errors. Don't frustrate your customers.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

In addition, I'd like to be able to hide the 'Recently Played' section from the home screen. Not everyone enjoys listening to the same music over and over.

Userlevel 3

From the email I received on 23rd April 2024 - entitled

A big update is coming to the Sonos App

How will this affect my system?

We've taken great care to ensure that this update only enhances your Sonos experience. Your products, features and services will work as they always have, and all your settings will be saved.

Marketing & communications completely decoupled from reality ????? Great care ???? !!!! At best utter incompetence - at worst a downright lie which misled the userbase ?

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Available now

Coming soon

My system is definitely now "effortless"