The new app is GARBAGE

• 9 November 2017
  • 53 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

53 replies

We must approach things differently. I rarely have to ask the question 'where?', just ''where am I?'
I've gotten used to it, but I agree it is less intuitive and took quite some time for me to cool off about it. It also usually takes more steps for basic functions. It really is a complete shift in thinking/executing what you want to do. You need to, in order, make choices about the "Where", then move to the "What" in terms of playing music. This is counter-intuitive since by and large anyone's first thought is about "What" should play before the "Where".

I don't hate it as I did to begin with, but then again, I've found myself using the Sonos controller app on my PC laptop (which is largely unchanged) far more recently.
I can't agree with you more. I have no idea how this could have past the Beta stage. Sonos is usually pretty good with things like this. No one likes change but I've used this app extensively now and it is extremely frustrating and non-intuitive. I sure hope they are rushing to fix this. It's so bad I think Sonos should go against anything they've ever done and revert to an older version if this thing isn't fixed in the next few weeks. I've become so frustrated that I am using the system significantly less.