Answered

The majority of reviews for the update are NEGATIVE.

• 15 October 2017
  • 32 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

32 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1
My post refers specifically to reviews on the Google Play Store, because there is data to back up my statement. If you have a similar histogram of reviews from past releases, feel free to post it here.

There is no point in continuing to belabor this. Sonos seems to have agreed to fix many flaws we have pointed out. The question is how soon can we expect these fixes?
The majority of the views were negative for the 5.0 version when it was released, the version you all love now and desperately wants back. I can show you posts and threads identical to these, with the same screenshots and the same complaints, in the weeks following the 5.0 release. People hate change. Give it time.
Userlevel 3
ive had Sonos for years - nothing as horrible as this update
Userlevel 3
Its like we are being punished for owning Sonos with this new update please fix i have house full of your stuff
In a public forum, that ask may be a stretch. Other users may be interested in knowing that the majority of posted reviews here on every upgrade have been NEGATIVE.
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
While you are allowed your opinion, Sonos should have a better understanding about the statistical significance of negative to positive reviews for this release versus prior updates. Even after correcting for potential negative bias, the difference is likely too great to ignore.

If you are unable to provide data around previous Sonos releases, please avoid posting here, as my question is for Sonos. Thanks.
I think it's safe to say that most users don't like this update.
No, it isn't safe because it is a fallacy well known to poll takers and statisticians. Users that like or are neutral about the update don't take the trouble to post to say so.
Which isn't to say that all about the update is good, but a lot of the negative comment is resistance to change and the time taken to relearn. This reaction surfaces after every major refresh; not surprisingly, the version that the complainers want to roll back to, faced a similar barrage of criticism when it was released.