Question

Terrible, terrible Sonos controller interface!

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

29 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
What you're suggesting is exactly the same as expecting Microsoft to control the features provided by every app that runs on Windows. Silly, don't you think?.Not really, what you said I find silly though?. Those are 3rd party apps you are referring to.

IF Microsoft would release an app, one app to control all other apps (the way they are designed to). Yes, then I would complain to them if it wasn't working properly!
What you're suggesting is exactly the same as expecting Microsoft to control the features provided by every app that runs on Windows. Silly, don't you think?.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Most of your issues are the fault of the music service SMAPI implementations you listed, not Sonos. Suggest you send your lists to them instead.I get your point. The fact however is, I ordered a product from Sonos. A product that apparently isn't working the way they suggest!

If I buy a super glue because it says its universal and works on all materials. Then I don’t go and complain at my local hardware store, saying it doesn’t stick to their wood. Or should I?

(No pun intended, just trying to be clear?)

Your main request for Sonos could really be translated as "implement universal search on the desktop controller", which is unlikely. The mobile controllers have supported universal search for a long time now, but the desktop controllers are considered legacy so unlikely to ever get that feature.

Suggest you buy a cheap Android device and use that instead to get the universal search feature you desire.
I do use the android app as well. But when I do it resolves only one of the problems I addressed and I get a new one in return. That new one being that the Mixcloud search isn’t working at all on android.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Most of your issues are the fault of the music service SMAPI implementations you listed, not Sonos. Suggest you send your lists to them instead.

Your main request for Sonos could really be translated as "implement universal search on the desktop controller", which is unlikely. The mobile controllers have supported universal search for a long time now, but the desktop controllers are considered legacy so unlikely to ever get that feature.

Suggest you buy a cheap Android device and use that instead to get the universal search feature you desire.