Question

Super Groups?

• 3 September 2013
  • 40 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

40 replies

This request should get a higher priority than any further development on new streaming services or Apple integrations. Let's get some of these core functionality requests addressed already!
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
This request is as old as the Sonos brand. I recommend voting and following this thread

https://ask.sonos.com/sonos/topics/virtual_zones

@Sonos reps: Please provide an update as to why this is not considered for implementation.

This would be a significant increase of the user experience!
Also agree that this is a great feature idea. I have been wishing Sonos would add it since my first components were purchased. Now that I've added a fee more, I want to be able to create several arrangements. Sonos can make it happen. But when?
Perhaps if someone lists this as an idea instead of a question this will get more traction? As it seems it is now listed as "answered"...
Userlevel 2
Come on Sonos..... someone from tech support read this thread and give us an update...... there are many many requests for this addition to the software. Can't be that hard to implement. Allow your users to create 'SuperGroups' of speakers and save them. 
Would love this feature
This is a long standing request that is overdue for attention!
Userlevel 1
Same request here. Would love to have the option of creating a group of e.g. bedroom, bathroom and kitchen in the morning without having to group and ungroup every day. And I don't understand why volume levels and control are not synced automatically in groups of different rooms either. I also agree that this should be a simple software update issue, which would improve usability immense.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
If you want them to stay grouped why do you have to ungroup?   Also you can make them a stereo pair if in same room and same speaker (that is permanent).
i just got my 2nd device and i like you to revise groups please. i hate having to group and then ungroup speakers - why can't i have 1 group with 2 speakers an a group for each individual speaker?
Agreed.  It would be great to be able to create any number of groups with any number of devices in the group.  For example, when guest are here, I would like 4 devices in a "party group", but at night, have a "night party group" which does not include the outside speakers (trying to be nice to the neighbors).

I'm would be OK with only one group being able to control a device at any given time.  The idea here is to have a bunch of groups based on different activities in the house.  It is a bit of a pain to group, regroup, etc.
Userlevel 1
Badge
I'm up to 6 Zones, about to 2-3 more with the introduction of the Play 1 and have same wish. Doesn't seem like a huge software ask...
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
It has been asked for . . but as yet not listed by Sonos as planned.