Answered

Spotify - Tracks not playing, local files.

Looking for some help if possible please - some tracks in Spotify won’t play via the Sonos app or direct to Sonos via devices available in Spotify - the playlist are being accessed via Sonos, the songs are greyed out, despite them being a able to be played via the Spotify app on all of my mobile devices, IOS and Android.  

icon

Best answer by Smilja 20 May 2020, 23:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

@M57EED, It is not possible to play your own tracks that you have added to the Spotify desktop app to Sonos; this would require these tracks being uploaded to the Spotify cloud, a service Spotify does not provide. If you’d like to listen to your purchased music on Sonos either set up a Sonos music share or switch subscription to Google Music, Youtube Music or Apple Music.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Greetings,

Many apologies for late response, I’d like to look into this with you to see what may be happening with your Spotify playback.

Over the past couple weeks; Spotify has in fact been through a service outage with their connection to Sonos which has since been resolved. This would include any issues adding or playing Spotify.

If you are still having issues, please submit a diagnostic report and respond back with the confirmation number.

Thanks Sebastian, files are local files deed to Spotify - play via Sonos PC desktop app - do you play, greyed out via Sonos IOS app.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

What happens when go directly to the Spotify app? Are some tracks grayed out over there as well? 

Usually removing your Spotify account from the Sonos app and re-link it to your system usually helps the issue. Try these steps and let me know if that helps.

Thanks Sebastian, I’ll try this, revert as soon as possible.

Thank you @Smilja