Sonos Sucks .. App is awful .. so frustrating

• 15 December 2017
  • 41 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

41 replies

Trust I’m aware of how it works now....if I knew this ahead of time I wouldn’t have bought these. The whole idea of purchasing music and iTunes Match service for example is so I don’t have to use up space on my phone.
iTunes Match isn't available on Sonos, only the iCloud Music Library (in combination with an Apple Music subscription).
Trust I’m aware of how it works now....if I knew this ahead of time I wouldn’t have bought these. The whole idea of purchasing music and iTunes Match service for example is so I don’t have to use up space on my phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I hate Sonos....none of my music is available from my iPhone. I’ll buy an album from iTunes and can’t play 3-4 songs from the album. Complete garbage. Thousands of $$$ down the drain. Complete crap

Hi mdinata,

Normally the Sonos system can play music that's stored on your phone. In cases where tracks are missing, please first check to make sure that the song has been downloaded on to your phone. Note that songs downloaded from music services, such as Apple Music, often have DRM protection preventing them from playing on other systems. The easiest way around this issue is to add your Apple Music account to Sonos. This way you can play their entire catalog whether the songs are downloaded to your phone or not.

Please let me know if you have any questions or continuing issues.
I hate Sonos....none of my music is available from my iPhone. I’ll buy an album from iTunes and can’t play 3-4 songs from the album. Complete garbage. Thousands of $$$ down the drain. Complete crap
If you wanted a speaker, you should not have purchased a muti-room streaming system controlled by an app. Horses for courses.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
You know this is beyond frustrating. Don't people think I have better things to do than research how on EARTH a SPEAKER works?!?!?! Forget it. No time to maintain. No time to research. No care. Just music. The way it should be.

Hi Sorry can you be a bit clearer on what your issue is and I'm sure we can resolve it?
Userlevel 1
You know this is beyond frustrating. Don't people think I have better things to do than research how on EARTH a SPEAKER works?!?!?! Forget it. No time to maintain. No time to research. No care. Just music. The way it should be.
Userlevel 1
Wow, Sonos. This doesn't look to appetizing. Ok, so I get that the "pull" feature is supposed to deliver superior quality, but how am I supposed to justify investing so much money for SPEAKERS that are hamstrung by an app that is sure to fall out of date and be buggy? I sure do miss the good ole days. My Bose speaker may not have as great a quality (don't know?) but it at least doesn't have to talk to an app that procures everything. It's a SPEAKER. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. UGH.
Understood. Thanks for the update. I was able to retrieve that ticket and I'd recommend continuing to work with the technician. I understand you want to get this working as quickly as possible, and we want that as well. The more you work on/through that ticket the more robust of an idea the senior technicians can see if/when they get the ticket. Thanks for your patience so far.

Feel free to reach out through a PM if you'd like me to check the status of that ticket for you. I'll be happy to help in any way I can.
Userlevel 2
Hey Keith, I was just on the phone with support. Thank goodness you have the feature where you can leave your number and have them call you back because the anticipated wait time was over 30 minutes. So, the guy that helped me try to solve the problem was very very nice, and I could tell he had some knowledge of the app, however he was unable to solve my situation and after a 30 minute call, had to refer to the engineers...So I am running the latest update, on an iPhone 7plus running the latest OS....the rooms don't connect and there are some other glitchy items that I addressed with him...so at this time..he has a couple screen shots from my phone and all my router info and diagnostics from my phone and is trying to see what he can do....I do want to emphasize he was really nice.....but after well over 1,000.00 invested in Sonos equipment...I can't even listen to music in my own home...and I work for a radio station....and teach music...so its important....once today I could get music on my iPhone playing..but then none of the volume controls or pause worked so I was unable to turn it off ....it just doesn't work....
Hi there, Fixit. Welcome to the Community. I was unable to locate any support tickets with your email address and want to be sure we can understand what exactly you mean. Could you give us some specific things you'd like to see changed? I have the ability to make sure this information gets to the team, but I need your help to make sure the feedback is actionable and descriptive.

Thanks in advance.