Sonos One and Google Assistant

• 23 February 2018
  • 33 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

33 replies

I did not think the CEOs statement was definitive on local libraries until you convinced me that his statement was the equivalent to a commitment so now I'm looking forward to Sonos delivering on that. At this point though all there is for Alexa control is a beta skill with a ducking problem. It would be nice if Sonos could deliver a production release of some sort before moving on to the next voice platform.

Damn you like to play both sides against the middle! You and I both know I never said his comment was a commitment. I merely stated that it was mentioned by the CEO after you said they have no intention of ever doing it because they are phasing out local libraries in favor of streaming.

But you knew that, didn't you mike?
I would also point out that the Alexa skill is still in beta and doesn't even support local libraries yet. It would be nice if Sonos could finish their first voice integration project before diverting resources into a whole new voice platform.

Can you point me to where Sonos promised Alexa would support local libraries? You formerly said the CEO's mentioning that they are looking into local libraries means nothing, now you are acting as if it was guaranteed to be coming. Can't have it both ways, mike.

I did not think the CEOs statement was definitive on local libraries until you convinced me that his statement was the equivalent to a commitment so now I'm looking forward to Sonos delivering on that. At this point though all there is for Alexa control is a beta skill with a ducking problem. It would be nice if Sonos could deliver a production release of some sort before moving on to the next voice platform.
I would also point out that the Alexa skill is still in beta and doesn't even support local libraries yet. It would be nice if Sonos could finish their first voice integration project before diverting resources into a whole new voice platform.

Can you point me to where Sonos promised Alexa would support local libraries? You formerly said the CEO's mentioning that they are looking into local libraries means nothing, now you are acting as if it was guaranteed to be coming. Can't have it both ways, mike.
Userlevel 2
Badge
I'd maybe expect it around the year 2020 if it's anything like the Audible promise by Sonos.
And not even 2 weeks after you posted that quip Audible support was rolled out. Patience people. They're delivering what they said they would, but it takes time. Whenever they release Google Assistant support, I just hope it's stable/reliable. That's the most important thing. Right now I'm only leveraging Alexa at home, but I'd love to try out Google Assistant with the Sonos One's I've been slowly adding to my collection.
Userlevel 2
This is really annoying. I only bought the Sonos one because of the promise of Google assistant integration. I don't use Alexa. I could have just bought the play 1. It wouldn't be as annoying if Sonos offered some sort of timescale rather than vague promises.
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
I'd maybe expect it around the year 2020 if it's anything like the Audible promise by Sonos.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
In the works - I personally would expect it mid-year