Sonos Not Really Compatible with Android.

• 15 February 2021
  • 31 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

31 replies

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3096?language=en_US

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/63?language=en_US

Userlevel 3

You still haven’t answered the question: Do you work for Sonos or an affiliate? Please, let us know.

Also, please, tell me how to play directly from Pandora without using the Sonos app from my Android device. If it is possible, this forum is for teaching and sharing information.

Not name calling.

Do I work for Sonos? A standard troll provocation. As is reference to the number of posts.  We know your true nature now.

Can you play direct from the Spotify, Tidal and Pandora apps? Yes you can. Your ignorance of the facts doesn't make them go away.

As I said, I am an Android user. 

Userlevel 3

John B: I appreciate your passion. Do you work for Sonos? That is a lot of replies for a regular user. Let us know if you are paid by Sonos or an affiliate. This might effect how folks view your response.

Either way, this post isn’t for you - you are happy with the Sonos ecosystem, please move on and be happy, I wish you the best.

This post is for folks like me. Users who brought home the perfect piece of hardware, only to be massively let down by the Sonos ecosystem.

For others who are Android and are wondering:

-Do Sonos One SL speakers play audio from Pandora App? Nope. You have to use the Sonos App and use that crummy interface.

-Do Sonos One SL speakers play audio from Spotify App? Nope. You have to use the Sonos App and use that crummy interface.

-Do Sonos One SL speakers play audio from Tidal App? Nope. You have to use the Sonos App and use that crummy interface.

-Does it play audio from any other app that isn’t Sonos supported while you are on your phone/tablet/computer? Nope. Sorry.

So, if you don’t mind to live in the Sonos app / ecosystem and use their terrible embedded apps, you are good, and the apps you use are compatible, congratulations - you will love these speakers. The hardware is truly great.

Are you an apple user? AirPlay is here. And the app, but why would you, you have AirPlay!

Are you an android user of an app that isn’t compatible with the Sonos app? You are out of luck.

@NotGonnaBeAS0N0SCustomerSoon .I am an Android user and it does EVERYTHING I want and quite a lot that I don't. 

Tracks stored on the phone can be played from 'on this mobile device'. Spotify can be played from the Spotify app using Spotify Connect. Pandora can also be cast from the native app 

It's true that the speakers aren't designed for audio-video uses. Sonos have other products for that.

Take the speakers back by all means. Your loss 

How you could spend so much time and miss so much is hard to comprehend