Answered

Sonos Desktop Controller S1 "SonosDesktopController1124.exe" stuck on launch

• 12 February 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2

I have installed Sonos Desktop Controller 1124 (Sonos.exe version 6.0.0.34230) on a Windows 10 Pro host.
Clicking the application results in the grey dialog box “Sonos” opening, and then nothing happens.  I have waited 5 minutes.  Looking in Task Manager the Sonos.exe is using no resources (it appears to be waiting?).

I am able to use the Sonos Android Controller S1 with the same Sonos system.

I am able to use Spotify with the same Sonos system.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Desktop Controller.

What gives?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 4 March 2021, 17:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @JTM79.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

Try to re-download the application again on the Sonos website.

Check if the firewall or anti-virus might be causing the problem, verify also if theirs any pending updates with your windows 10 software.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Userlevel 2

@Mark P
Downloaded “SonosDesktopController1124.exe” again.  Same exact file (checked hashes).

No Windows Updates pending.

Microsoft Defender did not flag the downloaded file or installed files.

Tested with Firewall off, same problem.

Curious if you’ve rebooted your computer?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @JTM79.

Thank you for reaching back out to Sonos Community.

Yes try restarting your pc, but if it still doesn't work.

I would like to recommend calling our customer phone support on this so you can be assisted with more thorough and in-depth troubleshooting steps

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @JTM79 

Did you get this fixed? If not, I recommend you try uninstalling the app again, but before reinstalling once more, delete the following folder from your system:

C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Local\Sonos,_Inc

Note that AppData is a hidden folder, so you either need to tick the “Hidden Items" box on the View toolbar, or add \AppData to the path above the folder view.

For Mac users, these folders should be deleted:

~/Library/Application Support/Sonos
~/Library/Preferences/com.sonos.macController.plist
/Users/Shared/Sonos/Shares.plist

Once done, reinstall the app and open. If the same problem occurs, please get in touch with our technical support team.

Userlevel 2

uninstalling the app again, but before reinstalling once more, delete the following folder from your system:

C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Local\Sonos,_Inc

This worked.  Thanks!

1. Windows Add Remove Programs
    uninstall Sonos.
  1. Deleted directory C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Local\Sonos,_Inc
  1. Download latest S1 Controller SonosController1126.exe.

2. Install SonosController1126.exe.
  1. Start the Sonos Controller.
    Reconnect to the already configured system.

The Sonos Controller found the system.
    However, at the point, clicking Play button did nothing.  The top song timer slider did not appear to load any song (no timing was set, the little slider dot did not appear).

2. Run the Check for Software Updates…
    Install the updates.
    Click Play and music plays!