Sonos Controller S1 update still reboots Windows 10 without a prompt.

Show first post

32 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Worth a try. Just an annoyance. But such is life with Windows 😀

It ain’t a Windows problem thou

@UKTreoFan,
As @buzz mentions, I’m not seeing this issue either and I have both the S1 and S2 Apps installed on my Windows 10 PC’s (x2). Neither of the two PC’s restart at all after each new Sonos App update?
Might this be something to do with the PC’s ‘Group Policy’ setting for system restarts, perhaps🤔?

Bear in mind that the Sonos installer is also replacing the ‘SonosLibraryService’ background service, which is used as necessary to access music files on the PC.

Why does Sonos keep closing this topic? We need a fix for this. Every time I update Sonos Controller 1 it restarts my Windows 10 PC without any warning. After it has done this, the update runs and every thing is fine. It is very irritating and without a prompt about a restart you could lose any unsaved work.

This is still happening for me (been a couple of years of this now), but with controller S2. I recently needed to do a fresh install of Windows 10, so I took the opportunity to install the S2 controller on a fresh win10 install. First time Sonos issued an update perhaps month later, I got the same reboot without warning. Happens every time now. Today’s update prompted me to come back here and see if there had been any movement on this issue.

I’m not seeing this issue.

I'm experiencing the same issue - my PC doesn't reboot with any Sonos update, whether it's S1 or S2. Could it be related to a Windows background update, or is it just a coincidence?

I did initially think I had a fix by uninstalling the S1 controller from my PC (Windows 10 Pro, 21H2), then rebooting and then installing a fresh copy of S1. I then got an automatic-with-no-warning-restart on a subsequent update. So what I do now is when I know an update is available, I don’t use S1 programme to update. Instead, I go to the Sonos website and download the new version from there. Updating and installing this way appears to avoid the automatic restart issue (so far). Even then, I make sure all my work is saved and closed just in case before installing an update.