Sonos Command Line Controller Available (Python soco-cli)

Show first post

55 replies

Badge

Great work. I’ve been using soco for a while now, but this makes life a lot easier - thanks!

Only thing I’ve found so far that doesn’t seem to work, and is probably more of a documentation issue, is that the github page suggests you can run:

sonos SPEAKER version

This gives ‘Error: Action 'version' not found’.

Of course sonos --version works fine

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Now, just need to think how I can use this beyond what I already do in SoCo

Great! Please do report any problems or suggest ideas for enhancements.

Here’s a handful of quick examples to whet the appetites of others.

1. Group the Bathroom with the Bedroom, play a favourite radio station until a specific time, then stop the stream and ungroup:

C:> sonos Bathroom group Bedroom : Bedroom play_fav “Radio 4” : wait_until 09:00 : Bedroom stop : Bathroom ungroup

2. Set the sleep timer for a specific time:

c:> sonos Bedroom sleep_at 23:45

3. Reset speaker volumes overnight:

C:> sonos wait_until 03:00 : Bedroom vol 25 : Bathroom vol 25

4. Set a speaker to play another’s Line-In, and play for an hour:

C:> sonos Bedroom line_in Lounge : Bedroom play : wait 01:00 : Bedroom stop

Badge +20

I knew you were active with Soco…. this is a very useful extension / alternative method of a quickly executing commands, thank you.

Now, just need to think how I can use this beyond what I already do in SoCo

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @pwt, thanks for sharing that with us and greatly appreciate all your efforts. If you need anything just let us know. Thanks!

Thanks. I’ve done substantial additional work on the utility, and it’s in quite good shape now, with several Improvements and new features. I’m finding it fun to use, and useful. There’s good documentation on the GitHub page.

if anyone has any questions or suggestions, please feel free to ask them here.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @pwt, thanks for sharing that with us and greatly appreciate all your efforts. If you need anything just let us know. Thanks!