Skip to main content
Answered

sonos app

• 21 May 2024
  • 4 replies

Ever since updating to the new Sonos App, it is now May 21, 2024, IT. NEVER. WORKS! Awfully frustrating and annoying. I spend over 20-30 mins each time trying to get music on my darn speakers. I have tried everything. Reset everything. About to give up on Sonos completely I am so frustrated. 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Jbone71 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Sorry to hear of the issues you are having with playing to your Sonos system.

Please try the following when no-one in your home is using the internet:

• Turn off your router.
  • Turn off/unplug all your Sonos speakers.
  • Restart your phone.
  • Turn on your router, wait for WiFi to return.
  • Turn on any Sonos devices that are connected to your network via Ethernet (if you have any). Wait for them to stop flashing a white light.
  • Turn on any Sonos sound-bars (or Amp) that have Surrounds or Subs. Wait for them to stop flashing a white light.
  • Turn on all remaining Sonos speakers/players.

If that has not helped, please try resetting the Sonos app - User settings (user icon, top right) » App Preferences » Reset app » Reset. Once done, reopen the Sonos app, Connect to an Existing System, and log in to your account. Try things out again.

If issues continue, please provide more detail - what fails, what source of music you are using, if certain rooms are affected and others are not, etc.

I hope this helps.

My iPhone connects to our system through the new App, but my wife’s phone does not.  We have seemingly tried everything to no avail.

My iPhone:  12 Pro, running iOS 17.5.1

Her iPhone: 13 Pro, running iOS 17.5.1

Both Apps are up to date, and both phones are connected to the correct WiFi network. The WiFi settings for this network are identical on both phones, leaving us puzzled about the connectivity issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @TYlerCH 

Welcome to the Sonos Community! And, I am sorry to hear of this issue affecting your wife’s iPhone getting connected to your Sonos system.

The issue you describe is usually down to the permissions the Sonos app needs to run properly on a device. The easiest way to fix all these in one go is to remove the Sonos app from the phone, then reinstall it. Please try this, and ensure to enable all permissions that the app asks for.

If the iPhone was supplied by a company (as in, is not a private purchase) then it’s possible that it has restrictions in place - if this is the case, only her IT department would be able to address this.

Finally, if there is firewall software installed on your wife's iPhone that is not installed on yours, please try disabling it.

If none of this helps, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

Corry,

Thank you.  Your recommendation fixed the issue, she is back to listening to Sonos throughout the house.  :)