Sonos App

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

32 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

As I understand it the app shows how your system connects to Amazon and Spotify. It looks like it fails to load if it can’t connect to your system. That your wifi works well for other systems is no guarantee for Sonos. Please try and solve this with Sonos.

Pardon me, I'm no clairvoyant - what exactly is your understanding of garbage regarding the Sonos app?

Pardon me, I am well versed in Business and I do not have time for Sonos "hidden" staff trying to steer discussions whichever way suits them. The content and number of your comments supports that viewpoint (from my perspective).

Also, I strongly suggest you improve those speed reading skills and scout forums / Reddit / etc etc... That way you may gain a relatively complete response to your own question. :3

Indeed it's not like that horse hasn't been beaten left and right, and frankly we all should expect someone with almost 2k responses and a sarcastic tone toward negative viewpoints to be capable of nailing the multiple points in questions.

Nice try though.
What about making software that works instead of putting the blame on "attempts to resolve it"?

Your forum is plagued with comments regarding what a poor job you're doing about that part. God it's 2019 and streaming music from a PC is hell. Stop your Bullshit tyvm.

The Sonos app does exactly the job it's intended to do, simply, using modern Material Design. Nothing outdated about it, looks and flows almost exactly like the apps from any of the music providers, with the huge advantage of being able to search all of them at once, among many other features lacking in most music apps.

Who in 2019 still streams music from a PC? So outdated...

It's not just with Apple music. I use Android and YouTube music and there isn't an app on my phone I hate more then Sonos for listening to music.

Search is ridiculous, the interface is designed by developers, there are none of the views available that are in YouTube music.

I find that I'm using my Google home mini more then my Sonos one just because I can use it with the regular YouTube app.

I wish I could just use my Sonos device as a Google cast speaker and cast to it from YouTube and be done with the horrendous Sonos app apart from updates and setup.

@Airgetlam @John B @buzz 

What you all say is all wrong. Completely.

Read the message I wrote above. An app that refreshes randomly as you add a song to it? Unable to scroll through the queue… That’s not a matter of preference, that is straight up poor software.

I also don’t agree that the app is simply a remote control, but ok, let’s say it is just a remote control. It’s the worst remote control I’ve ever used in my life. And I’ve used a lot of remote controls. But one would have to assume that the app on my phone is also a remote control, how come that is not as bad as the one I use on my Mac? I mean, it’s not great, but not as bad. Is that also Spotify and everyone else’s fault? Always trying to blame other companies. If you’re interested in making a good product, surely you’d make sure to work with the other vendors to make it a good product?

It’s weird how the people on this thread first goes: Stop just complaining about it being bad and give us specifics! and then you do, you fail to address the specifics and say it’s a matter preference. Crazy.

Why does this sentence auto complete on google: “why is the sonos app so bad”?

I guess the takeaway here is that the poor software reflects bad on Sonos.

I use Sonos at work because we have them there. Would I ever pay for one myself? No way..

@John B 

Wow, virtually abandoned it but still promoting on their website? I guess they don’t care about their reputation.

Rant? I’m giving specifics. You have like over 11k comments on the Sonos forums and seem to do nothing but promoting Sonos, who’s ranting? What’s in it for you?

I don’t use the Mac desktop APP. I do use the PC desktop controller and while there are some details that I don’t like (mostly features added to appease the Mac crowd) I don’t notice it doing wild things.

If the Mac desktop user interface is similar to my iPad (for any APP) it can sometimes be difficult to scroll because Apple tends to hide scroll bars.