Sonos account now required just to add a speaker?!

• 16 December 2017
  • 55 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

55 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
This is a requirement in the set-up for the new Sonos One. I expect that Sonos wanted a consistent process for all speakers and to enable people with older players without Alexa to have voice control if they chose too, via echo devices. Why is this such a major issue for you?
Sonos? Anyone? Please explain how this is acceptable? Will you be issuing refunds to those who bought speakers before this was a "requirement". No where in your product documentation or the packaging stated this was a prerequisite, nor should it be expected.

I think the Australian Consumer Law would come into affect here for those choosing to seek a refund from Sonos.
No, my speakers consist of Play 1 and Play 3 only. It doesn't even let me proceed without signing in to a Sonos account.

The issue is, I shouldn't need to. I have no requirement for it. I should be given the option to skip it since it adds no benefit to me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Not sure what the issue is really... Are you trying to add a Sonos One? If so, you need to link the Sonos Cloud to the Amazon Cloud, this requires an account in both.