Skip to main content

Sonos confirms that the 5.1 issue that came in 14.12 is still present in the 14.18 update.

Check in About my system and it’ll tell you what the speakers are running. 

Yeah they say 14.18, I think they may have done an update overnight as auto update is switched on

ill do a new trueplay and see what happens 

many thanks

My experience was with 5s and a sub for music playback.

However…….

After much experimentation and frustration I tried a power cycle of all the speakers in that room.

Normal service and sound is back again. 😎😎

So my advice to anyone not seeing improvements after 14.8, try a power cycle of all the speakers in that room. 

That’s great to hear! Will have to remind anyone that has similar issues after an update to go ahead and power cycle the devices as an initial step.

What is this 5.1 issue?

I’m trying my hardest to be patient and understanding, but the answer to your question is literally in the image of this post. You clearly didn’t even bother to look at/read the entire post before commenting. Stop wasting other peoples time because you’re too lazy to use your eyeballs.

the 5.1 issue is reduced output, Volume and bass, when paired with a sub and Trueplay enabled. Kinda been the main topic of conversation around here for over 2 months now…

Well according to most and Peter Pee..it isn’t an issue. Go back under your rock..

Well thousands of users would beg to differ.

Also, Peter said there was an issue, but it’s less pronounced if you turn off your volume limit. Get your facts straight...

Why are you even here if you arent having a problem? ***

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

The fact that it didn’t prompt me to re-tune TruePlay reiterates what OP said. I’ve gotten used to the ‘raw’ power of the system having TruePlay off but it would be nice to get a solution so I can get the best config based on my room. Here’s hoping for 14.20.

Maybe Peter Pee has some more answers on what this update addresses.

Give TruePlay a retune after installing 14.18 - it’s a good sounding profile, the raw low end is not the same as no TP, however the overall sound is much improved, and the low end minus can be eq’d with the sub level; you’re using a TP sound profile for 14.16 (or whenever you last TP’d, if not).

I had turned TruePlay off after 14.10; I’m now using it as of 14.18.

I haven’t installed 14.18.1 - won’t until Peter Pee on YouTube gives his blessing, lol.

The fact that it didn’t prompt me to re-tune TruePlay reiterates what OP said. I’ve gotten used to the ‘raw’ power of the system having TruePlay off but it would be nice to get a solution so I can get the best config based on my room. Here’s hoping for 14.20.

Maybe Peter Pee has some more answers on what this update addresses.

Give TruePlay a retune after installing 14.18 - it’s a good sounding profile, the raw low end is not the same as no TP, however the overall sound is much improved, and the low end minus can be eq’d with the sub level; you’re using a TP sound profile for 14.16 (or whenever you last TP’d, if not).

I had turned TruePlay off after 14.10; I’m now using it as of 14.18.

I haven’t installed 14.18.1 - won’t until Peter Pee on YouTube gives his blessing, lol.

14.18.1 is just an App update for the “dots” bug on iOS. You can safely install this. 

For what its worth, I think this was mentioned elsewhere, If you ungroup the rooms then re-group them, the volume sliders start to work for each room. Well, at least they did for me. This was on the Windows 11 application. I hope it helps.