Show some courage Sonos... Withdraw the new App

• 6 October 2017
  • 41 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

41 replies

Oh jeez. :8

Profound comment. Thanks for the input.
Oh jeez. :8
I still fail to see why the app had to go back 3 steps as far as usability is concerned. I was very happy with the previous version

3 steps back sounds pretty good to me. I am currently at 6.21 and have been reluctant to do any upgrades due to the changes to queue management. Are you saying this latest firmware reverts back to something functionally close to where I currently am with 6.21?
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
No going back sorry

Hi Phil,

I'm sorry to hear that you're not enjoying the new app. I hope you'll give it some time, as it's fewer clicks to play your favorites (and do most things) now.

We tested with thousands of customers to make sure it was going to allow people to get their music playing faster (and easier to group rooms, etc.). We're confident it's a step in the right direction so I hope you'll give it a chance.

Best Regards,
Patrick
______

Patrick Spence
Sonos | Chief Executive Officer | patrick.spence@sonos.com
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
New app? I feel I am getting old as I am not able to figure out how to switch rooms and to select favorites. I would love to switch back. Please tell me how
Just pull the "Now playing" down, and press the tab at the bottom called "Rooms".

We don't have the option to roll back to older apps, they'd be missing a lot of options with the players updated. But the app will keep improving, so if you don't like something, make sure you share your feedback.
Badge
New app? I feel I am getting old as I am not able to figure out how to switch rooms and to select favorites. I would love to switch back. Please tell me how
Userlevel 5
Badge +8
I still fail to see why the app had to go back 3 steps as far as usability is concerned. I was very happy with the previous version
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks for the feedback everyone. We've put a lot of work into the new app and it's been through lots of testing, so if you are experiencing any playback issues or problems we'd love to work with you. Odds are, it's a network or local problem, but we're happy to investigate those too. I'd recommend give us a call on our support line if you do have any of those issues.

As to the app itself, this is a solid foundation that we're going to be building on. A lot of basic steps had to be taken, and now with that done, we can work on more improvements. You can expect to see the app change as we continue to work on it. Keep on sending in constructive feedback, we'd love to send it along to the development team so they can build an app that as many people as possible enjoy using.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Good idea, Chicks -- Go for it Sonos, ignore your users. After all, you don't need their returning custom, or their positive word of mouth amongst friends or families. You don't need their dollers, pounds or euros. You don't need them to be ambassadors of your ecosystem. You don't need to persaude them not to switch to the plethora of other smart speakers out there. Ignore them, they're all idiots.
Badge
Crap update. Have to navigate back and forth to find my music or playlists. How do you play one playlist in one room and another in another room without going round the house or using another controller.

Sonos - if it’s not broke, don’t fix it. App now a pile of crap ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Sono seem to have copied the black & white theme from this forum, which lots of us said lacked contrast and was an eye strain. What have they got against colour??
Userlevel 5
Badge +8
Lol. This sort of nonsense posting happens every time any company refreshes the UI of their software. Ask Microsoft. A few users resistant to change, no matter that it improves the user experience. Ignore them Sonos.

Normally I would agree with you but not in this instance. This update has made the user experience far worse for a lot of people.
Lol. This sort of nonsense posting happens every time any company refreshes the UI of their software. Ask Microsoft. A few users resistant to change, no matter that it improves the user experience. Ignore them Sonos.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
7 or 8 years ago when I first bought into Sonos you used to be hand the controller (CR200, I think) or the Ipad to someone who had never used Sonos before and they would be able to use it stragith away to play and queue up music -- it was spot on and so intuitive from the very beginning. After 2 days I am stiff baffled by the new app's navigation, and it is anything but intuitive. I dont' think I'm stupid, so I guess I can't be the only one. That can't be right, can it ??
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
This new app update must have been designed by a child of 5. The last major "update" was a dismal failure and this is even worse. It has ruined my experience. How could anyone with even a grain of common sense think that this was a good thing?
I am having trouble even formulating my words; 5 minutes wrestling to find my favourited radio station has left me incandescent with rage, I am struggling not to swear.
Userlevel 5
Badge +8
I personally hate the arrogance that Sonos shows towards their customer base. I need the previous version back to cure the problems this new version has caused me with accessing my NAS drive every time the app starts up.