Question

S2 app upgrade stuck at Terms of Service

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

29 replies

I am trying to upgrade to the S2 app and cannot get past the terms of use. I view and scroll all the way down but there is not accept or way to acknowledge I agree with them.

I just had the same issue on iPhone 7 running iOS 13.4.1 shut down the S2 app, Go back to the S1 app it will ask you to open the S2 app when the new app opens the accept button was on the first page that opened. I hope this will work for you. Thanks and good luck! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @pheditor. Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community.Thanks for bringing this up and we totally understand where you're coming from. Regarding your concern. Kindly submit a diagnostic report to check in our end to see what could be causing the issue.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

I had the same problem on my iPhone 6

To get around it:

1. Click on the terms of use, it will open Safari (read it or not) Leave Safari open!
  2. Double tap the home button on the iPhone 
  3. Swipe back to the Sonos S2 app
  4. Tap on the Accept button while leaving Safari open.

Similiar to above, I have an Android phone, so when I opened & kept open the T & C in a Chrome window, I was able to go back to the Sonos app which now displayed the Accept button, which then allowed access to the S2 app. 

An additional piece of information: it appears that upon switching to the web page view of the Terms of Use, the Sonos S2 app is restarted, thus possibly losing the ability to track that you went to that page. When closing the Terms of Use page, instead of immediately seeing the Sonos app view I left, I see there Orange app start-up page for a few seconds, as though the app just restarted/relaunched.