S2 app and Qobuz Hi-Res

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

29 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Yes it would. Depending on the Sonos device (just about everything except Play 1s) that is playable on S2. If it fits you would hear 48/24. However, the organization that officially designates hi-res states it has to be 96/24 for it to be officially labeled that way. The Qobuz file is 96/24 but Sonos can only manage 48/24. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thanks for the answers everyone, I have the ability to stream from the Qobuz desktop / mobile app as well as the Sonos app so the 24/48 can still be achieved that way. 

Does anyone know if it has to be through the S2 app or can I still get the 24/48 streaming to the amp through the Qobuz app?

I guess I really need to find out if Airplay 2 will be streaming from Qobuz to the Amp at 24/48

Badge +3

It’s on my SONOS ARC

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Does anyone know if it has to be through the S2 app or can I still get the 24/48 streaming to the amp through the Qobuz app?

If you mean via the PC then no. As noted, it would be converted to analog in the PC then redigitised at 16/44 by the Amp. You’d need to use the Sonos S2 app to get 24 bit.

I don’t believe Qobuz offers a ‘direct casting to Sonos’ option in their mobile app.

Yeah it looks like they only cast via Airplay. Would really need something similar to Spotify or Tidal connect.