Question

S1 app won't work anymore

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

31 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

That’s coming when the ip-adresses of you devices get mangled by your router, which can happen if they all start at once after updating. Not completely Sonos’ fault.

Updating to S1 went fine on my system (that I updated to S2 shortly after).

They could allow fixed IP’s.

Since S1 I cannot connect and play my Sonos 5 player.  All Sonos help suggest is unplug, restart, check cables but nothing changes.  Are Sonos so pompous that they expect all customers of previous products of theirs expect you to just trust them and pay to upgrade?

I have read of an independent software app Macronos has anyone used it?

Huh? The IP address is given to the Sonos by the router, it’s not something set by the Sonos. I think I’m not understanding what you mean by ‘They could allow fixed IP’s’, unless the ‘they’ in that statement was the router companies, and as far as I’m aware, most do allow you to set up IP reservations (fixed IP’s) in their DHCP table. But that’s a function owned by the router, and not the client device, in this case Sonos speakers. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

The specific IP is set on the client, but Sonos does not provide for this.  You have to use DHCP with Sonos devices.

I’m having a similar problem just downloaded the S1 update in my Mac and is not seeing most of my devices. My iPhone got updated automatically and same issue. I’ve read some other thread with similar problems . 

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Surely the only solution cannot be to get a newer phone? 

Everything was working yesterday, there must be a way to put an app that works on Android 6?

This isn't a rant against Sonos,  merely a question on how I put the app on my phone