Question

S1 app won't work anymore

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

31 replies

Badge +2

Works with the same limited abilities as it did before on three of my devices.

i can’t get it to work at all on one of my 7th Gen Fire tablets.  tried an older SDK with same issue.  Even though their web says what you found…. that it should still work with limited capabilities. 

@ninjabob , did you update to the new S1 release, or running earlier version?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Works with the same limited abilities as it did before on three of my devices.

Badge +2

Surely the only solution cannot be to get a newer phone? 

Everything was working yesterday, there must be a way to put an app that works on Android 6?

This isn't a rant against Sonos,  merely a question on how I put the app on my phone 

see this article.  You need Android 7 or later to be able to run ether S1 or S2.

You might be able to download the older APK and run it with limited functionality, but i haven’t tried that yet. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Surely the only solution cannot be to get a newer phone? 

Everything was working yesterday, there must be a way to put an app that works on Android 6?

This isn't a rant against Sonos,  merely a question on how I put the app on my phone 

I’m having a similar problem just downloaded the S1 update in my Mac and is not seeing most of my devices. My iPhone got updated automatically and same issue. I’ve read some other thread with similar problems . 

Badge +2

Same on any 7th Gen Fire Tablets. No way to upgrade the tablet past 5.6.6.  

Totally useless … was a great controller :-(