S1 App - "The OS on this device is no longer supported"

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

52 replies

What is now becoming clear is that the device in question was approaching the end of its supported life (by the vendor) when it was purchased. 

Re-reading the OP it appears to be a Moto G4, a 5-year old design. Launched with Android 6, it didn’t advance beyond Android 7.

The sad fact is that at the reported time of purchase the G5 was already available. G5 can run Android 8.1.

I’m not sure how these huge resources could prevent malware installed on that Android 4.4 from harvesting personal data, but it is very likely that the bank’s huge legal team could defend the company against any attempt at recovering that harvested personal data. The groundwork for this is laid in the huge Terms of Service document that almost everyone blindly accepts. FWIW, I read these documents and if the terms are too offensive, I’ll not use the product or service.