Skip to main content
Question

Problems with the latest version of the app on Android

• 5 June 2024
  • 8 replies

The latest version of the app on Android seems to causing no end of problems. Firstly, my Music Libary (from a NAS drive) disappeared and I've had to reinstate it (twice) via the Desktop app. Secondly, all my music art, stored in folder.jpg files, has disappeared.

I have been using Sonos mainly via a Connect Amp for many years without problems. When will these issues on the new app be resolved?

I would like to roll back to the previous version until Sonos sorts out these problems. How do I do that?

8 replies

Same here. The app works in my iPhone but no longer on my android devices. It seems Sonos has a very small software team that doesn't really test their new versions before releasing them .... 

Same here. The app works in my iPhone but no longer on my android devices. It seems Sonos has a very small software team that doesn't really test their new versions before releasing them .... 

It was tested, and found lacking, but released anyway.  This one’s not on the developers or test team.  A half-baked app was released in order for the headphones to be pushed out before the fiscal end of year. 

Ok so there should be a more stable release coming soon?

Thanks Jean_Clav. Let's hope it's in the near future.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

I would like to roll back to the previous version until Sonos sorts out these problems. How do I do that?

Get the APK of 16.2 on apkmirror.com.

Disable updates in app store and sonos app

Worked for me.

Install at your own risk

Get the APK of 16.2 on apkmirror.com.

Disable updates in app store and sonos app

Worked for me.

Install at your own risk

16.1 is the version you want! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Indeed 16.1

Thanks  Audiophone & Bumper. I've uninstalled the new version, and installed 6.1, but cannot link to my Music Libary (which is on a NAS drive), as it will not let my add the music folder unless I upgrade??