Podcasts not showing up on Android/Sonos controler

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

61 replies

This clearly does not work.  I have checked the storage setting as directed.  I have ensured my podcasts are stored in the root Podcasts directory of my device.  I have completely shut down my Sonos bridge, speaker, and phone...bringing them up one by one.  Podcasts still do not show up in the Sonos controller under This Mobile Device > Podcasts.  

I tried this, and it does not work. I have a 2014 moto x (ergo no separate sd card storage)and the pocket casts app. For the love of god can someone give me a simple step by step guide as to how to get my podcasts to play through the sonos app. This is incredibly frustrating. It really should not be this difficult to use a piece of equipment that is as expensive as the sonos system is.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
I have the same problem with BeyondPod on my HTC One X+. Any help, Sonos-guys?
Hello Mikkel,

I'd recommend we take a quick look at the BeyondPod settings. Let's ensure that a particular setting is enabled- it is a setting that tells BeyondPod to broadcast the podcast so that the media scanner can find them (this setting is normally used when you want podcasts to appear in your music player).

To do so, go to: Menu > More > Settings > Menu > Advanced Settings > Settings > check "Share Podcasts" 

Please let us know if you are still missing content and we'll be happy to take another look. 
Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hello Francesco,

A quick setting to check would be ensure that Pocketcast allows third party applications to see the content. 

To check this, go to: Podcast > Settings/Storage > Check "Allow apps to see episodes". Then close out of the Sonos application completely, re-open the application and test again.

Let us know if you still see missing content. 
I have the same problem with BeyondPod on my HTC One X+. Any help, Sonos-guys?
 I have the same issue with Nexus 5 and Casts Pocket. Sonos please advise
I have the same issue with Nexus 5 and Pocket Casts . Sonos please adivse.
I have the same issue - Moto RAZR Maxx with latest OS and BeyondPod. The storage folder is unselectable in my settings and is listed as "/storage/emulated/0/BeyondPod/Podcasts". I am confused because I've seen parts of the list (I currently can see about 12 podcasts under "This Device") but it's only a partial list.
This is exactly my problem with PocketCasts on a Samsung Galaxy S3 .  I have the impression that the behavior started when my device was updated to Android 4.2.2
I have the same issue - Moto RAZR Maxx with latest OS and BeyondPod. The storage folder is unselectable in my settings and is listed as "/storage/emulated/0/BeyondPod/Podcasts". I am confused because I've seen parts of the list (I currently can see about 12 podcasts under "This Device") but it's only a partial list.
Userlevel 2
Hello Darin,

Do you store your podcasts on the device directly or on an SD card that is located in the device? 

If you use an SD card, as a quick troubleshoot, please shut down the phone, remove the card, and then open the Sonos application. Does the Sonos application see any of the Podcasts? 

If you go into advanced settings in BeyondPod, you can change the default folder application- this  will auto-generate its directory so when you look at a file manager you will have \Podcasts\BeyondPod\Podcasts\(actual podcasts). Please verify through a file manager application that your podcasts are truly resting in this folder. Then I want you to close all running applications, force quit Sonos and power cycle your Android device.

After the device reboots, please check the Sonos controller and see if your podcasts have come through. 

On the paid version of BeyondPod that I have (3.3.68), I have two options for the podcast download folder, (/storage/emulate/0/BeyondPod/Podcasts) or (/mnt/extSdCard). I do not see that I can select the /Podcasts folder on my internal card. 

I can select that folder in Pocket Casts, and it does create the subfolder in the /Podcasts folder. I have selected this and followed the procedure outlined above (closing Sono, powercycling, etc. ), but Sonos still does not see the podcast files. If I manually move the files from the pocketcasts subfolder of the /Podcasts folder to the /Podcasts folder then Sonos can see them when I use the My Device option. But I do not want to have to manually move the files. 
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hello Darin,

Do you store your podcasts on the device directly or on an SD card that is located in the device? 

If you use an SD card, as a quick troubleshoot, please shut down the phone, remove the card, and then open the Sonos application. Does the Sonos application see any of the Podcasts? 

If you go into advanced settings in BeyondPod, you can change the default folder application- this  will auto-generate its directory so when you look at a file manager you will have \Podcasts\BeyondPod\Podcasts\(actual podcasts). Please verify through a file manager application that your podcasts are truly resting in this folder. Then I want you to close all running applications, force quit Sonos and power cycle your Android device.

After the device reboots, please check the Sonos controller and see if your podcasts have come through.