Please go back to the last app, the update sucks SO bad!

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

397 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Jgatie, you appear to post seemingly dozens of times a day. These, for the the most part, are to offer up your opinions. You also seem preoccupied with those threads whose headers clearly indicate the opinions within will differ yours.

I have no interest in the overall low level of internet noise you create around here. However you seem unable to let a single post of mine go without comment.

You can post all day, everyday if you want. But there is something odd about someone who feels his
Voice must be heard above all others.

Why don’t you start a thread about how much you like v8 and I promise you I won’t bother you in there.

Andrew
Userlevel 5
Badge +7
For the New Year I hope Sonos finds a better balance in trying to develop a first class software experience for existing and would be customers.
Lol. No judgement andrew, just making an observance. If you notice, I was not the one casting aspersions on others for their flowery rhetoric, you were. I simply brought those statements to light in contrast to your recent post.

Nice deflection, though.
Userlevel 5
Badge +7
I weep for many of you on this forum. You guys take things way too seriously. ???
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Having spent many thousands of pounds pounds on Sonos kit to see the software get worse over time, a part of me does weep for what has been lost. You trot out the same phrases over and over. First world luxury music system —- so what?? Are you now casting judgement on my moral values? I’ll ask you again Jgatie, do you claim to know my opinions better than I do? Are are my opinions less valid because they don’t align with yours ?

Andrew
I think the point is very clear. You criticize people for overblown inflated language while you yourself state it is hard for you not "to weep" over a First World luxury multi-room music system. Unless you are actually finding it hard to hold back your tears, andrew? If that is the case, I suggest some help may be in order.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
What is your point ? I hate the app, and I preferred much of what came before. That is all I said — that is my opinion, it wasn’t exaggerated. Unless you know my opinion better than I do.

Andrew
I hate it —- I can use it, of course I can, but I still hate it. Not in isolation, but because of what came before. I don’t mean version 7. I mean because over the years Sonos have eroded the overall experience on small devices (phones) and large devices (tablets), with bad design choices and then digging their heels in. It’s hard not to weep for the Sonos of several years ago.

Andrew

Why must you use such overblown inflated language ??

..... furor lasting for months and months
...... thousands flocked to other systems
....... screamed from the rooftops

If you have a point it is diminished by exaggeration.

:8
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
I hate it —- I can use it, of course I can, but I still hate it. Not in isolation, but because of what came before. I don’t mean version 7. I mean because over the years Sonos have eroded the overall experience on small devices (phones) and large devices (tablets), with bad design choices and then digging their heels in. It’s hard not to weep for the Sonos of several years ago.

Andrew
Userlevel 5
Badge +7
I also do not hate the app.

After 3 months of use I have concluded that the previous version without navigation bar is probably more appropriate for a mult-room system. But I am able to use the current version without too much of a degradation in my user experience.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
There's literally no single Sonos user that I know who does not hate the new UI; Any official response from Sonos yet?

I don't hate the new app
There's literally no single Sonos user that I know who does not hate the new UI; Any official response from Sonos yet?
First post for me although I have been an avid sonos owner for 6+ years and user for 10+ years. I have 5 Connects, 4 Connect:Amps, and a Play:1. What I have always loved about Sonos is that the hardware and software was always simple, intuitive and just worked. It was never buggy or confusing. Anyone (read my parents, wife and kids) could pick up an old sonos controller or use the app on a phone, tablet or iPad and figure it out instantly. It was logica and even advanced functions were quick to find and execute. Not so with this new app. I think that whoever was hired to re-do the FIOS menu on my cable box in the past year got a job at Sonos. While I have nearly figured out how to use the new upp in the months since it has been out, my wife is still lost in the appt and constantly cursing it. My 9 year old used to use the old Sonos app without instruction when she was 6 and now she can't do one thing on the new app at 9. It is really awful. I love Sonos products and have encouraged many people over the years to install a Sonos system. I really feel that this app, if not changed soon, will significantly hurt the company. The easy sell of Sonos products in the past was showing a friend how easy the app (and the hardware) was to use. Now I'm confused. Please Sonos take this to heart and work on an update that will dramatically change/improve the UI.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
It is updates and Associated Reboots that both cause and bring to light network issues. True of every single network device. My iPhone firmware updates seem to always cause network issues. Fact of life Sonos can not change. Actually I haven’t had have any issues with Sonos since giving each unit fixed ip addresses several years ago.

There are many here waiting patiently for next Sonos update so I don’t wan Sonos to stop doing updates because of possible network issues I may have to easily resolve.

And I need to unsubscribe from this thread now so I don’t keep getting messages to respond to - and let the throwing stones be among yourselves.
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Thanks but the issues were his network it wasnt the app doesn’t even belong in this discussion.

While resetting the network tends to resolve most of these issues. I personally never encountered a need to unplug my speakers prior to 8.x. And it looks like there are quite some others in the same situation.

Is it the bombardement of updates that's the issue, the likely hood of having multiple versions of the apps and firmware on your network, or a change to how sonos networking works (e.g to support Alexa)?

Regardless of what's causing it, it's not 'just the network' if updates keep triggering this issue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Thanks but the issues were his network it wasnt the app doesn’t even belong in this discussion. He went back to Bose what does he care what I say.
Your network issue. Your loss.

Ive been reading your replies. You are rude and you are a bully.
Made this account to drop in and state the new UI is awful. Like everyone else voicing their opinion, it's a big step back. Yeah, there is a WAY to do everything, but it takes 2-3x the amount of taps/swipes/clicks to get there. UI people spend millions of dollars and thousands of hours attempting to decrease the number of actions required to do a given action. Keep the new style, but bring back the old simple functionality (and dark background).
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Your network issue. Your loss.
App not working will not add Sub to Play Bar. Freezes App....Back to Bose
Is there any way to revert back to the last app before the recent update? This latest update is just plain stupid.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Not if it's a Wi-Fi version:8
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I would love to see a battery operated waterproof speaker. But I think they beleive they would be diving too much in Bluetooth market and not enough people wanting for back yrd.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Chris I hear ya brotha, I just didn't want sonos to become like the other companies and ignore the customers....that's what was making them stand out but now I'm guessing money had got a hold of them. "If you build it, they will come" don't forget your past sonos creators
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Well as far as we know they will not be releasing an outdoor speaker. I just have my comments on the fact that the project was scrapped. Again I am not giving you an opinion on my end if warranted or not. Unfortunately only opinion mattered was Sonos management who didn’t believe it would be profitable.