Please add an option to adjust the fade-in and fade-out time for alarms and sleep

• 13 September 2012
  • 32 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

32 replies

Userlevel 1
I came looking for this request as I too would like my alarm to gently fade-in. John M says that "Both alarms and sleep timers have fade-in and fade-out timers ", but I cannot see this option anywhere on the Sonos PC app.

It would be ideal if the fade-in time could be user configurable, exactly as Jens suggested, ie: a start volume (for me this would be zero), a maximal volume and over what time period the alarm volume would gradually increase the volume from the start volume to the maximal volume.

Saying as Sonos offers an alarm feature, I would suggest that this option would be highly desirable for all those people who like to wake up gently and not be startled.

This gets my vote.
Userlevel 1
+1 on adjustable alarm fade in. 15 secs is way too fast. Been wanting that since day 1.
Userlevel 3
Badge
How about music transition option between songs? Not just on sleep / wake but during normal play.
I would like this feature to be implemented! Right now I use my Sonos system to wake me gradually, and my cell phone to make sure that I get up. If you implemented some way to choose a start volume, a maximal volume and how long time it should use to gradually increase the volume form the start volume to the maximal volume, I would really be grateful! And I probably wouldn't be so grumpy in the morning!
Userlevel 1
I LOVE waking up to music, but my partner is a much lighter sleeper. What I want to do is wake up to a very gradual increase in volume that doesn't shock me awake. To do this I set multiple alarms each with their own volume level sequentially increasing in loudness over half an hour. The problem, each new alarm is a new song, it's like ADHD radio every morning.

Can you add the ability to set an initial volume level, a final volume level and a time for the transition between the two for each alarm. If I could set one and have it increase over 15 min then stay on for an hour I could set an alarm and never have to adjust it, basically morning perfection. The music could wake me up, charge me through my morning routine and turn itself off when I leave.

Love your product, keep up the great work!!! This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled A Better Alarm,.
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
I am not surprised that it fades in, though I am not really awake yet the Sonos alarm does seem a little less abrupt than my old clock radio. As you have realized the main point I am asking for is to allow for a gentle nudge awake rather than being jolted up. I find that the gentle alarm I had in an old mobile phone which was set to 5 minutes, which may not have been optional, was a much nicer way to wake up. If my alarm pisses me off I will silence it. With the long fade in on my old phone I would rarely, if ever, hit the snooze bar which allowed me to get my sorry self out of bed quicker.
Badge +18
Hi David, Thanks for the suggestion. Both alarms and sleep timers have fade-in and fade-out timers that gradually increase or decrease volume. The current fade-in time for alarms and fade-out for sleep timer is 15 seconds. I'm going to adjust the subject line of the topic to indicate that the idea is for user-adjustable fade time.