Not very elegant Sonos and Apple

• 10 December 2014
  • 28 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

28 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Please, not this discussion again. There are numerous threads about that in this forum already.

And there are numerous reasons why it is like it is. Blame Apple, not Sonos in this case.
Folks speak highly of SonoPad, as a third party alternative supporting iOS5.1.1+.

Search the forums.
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Hi,

Today happened what I dreaded for some time. I was forced to update my Sonos systems and now both my iPad 1 tablets will not work with Sonos anymore. We have them wall-mounted so we can control music all over the place. I am very disappointed to say the least. We had planned to buy some more Sonos systems but the announcement at the beginning of this year stopped us. I hate companies that don't give me control over what is mine. Sonos nor Apple own the gear at my home, I do.

Paul

There is a third party sonos app on the play store that works with the iPad 1 and sonos, not got it myself but it has been recommended on this forum. Have a search !