Skip to main content

In the new 2024 Sonos App :

Where are the alarms settings? 

Where is the Last.fm service?

Where is the Android widget?

This is a real nightmare. I hope Sonos will fix all that asap because what they did releasing this not finished app is scandalous.

Another email...You'd think they'd do this for the current issue...welcome to loserville,  pop: Sonos

idiocy such as we are all facing now, requires a business plan!

sonos favourites all being jumbled together on the home screen is also a step back. the previous app had this much better with favourites organised by type. it's just a mess.

The fact that you can even reorganise favorites into your own order, or sort them the way you want tells me that even when all the issues are fixed (maybe August), the app will not be any different or actually better than previous.

I don’t give a flying  * about their headphones, I want my existing system to work the way it once did.

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

Has anyone noticed that the Amazon ratings for all Sonos products has mostly been 1 star since the update.  This will impact sales for some time.

No it won’t. It would take months for low ratings to reduce the overall star ratings, by which time the app will be fixed and the disgruntlement will be ended. For now buyers will see the following ratings and decide from that:

Sonos Five   4.6*
Era 100   4.4*
Era 300   4.4*

Arc   4.7*
Sub Gen 3   4.8*
Beam Gen 2   4.6*

Roam SL   4.4*

etc

Whenever I look at reviews, I always sort by most recent. That strategy gives me the most current picture of a product. A good example is to look at the App Store for the Sonos app. Sort that by most recent and see the results. I don’t understand how Sonos can get away with calling it a new app, and then leaving all the reviews for the last app in the mix. It is misleading and feels like bait and switch. You can’t get the app that most of the reviews reference. 

I do not think I’ve seen an app release this bad. In commercial software you have an “MVP” product (minimally viable product). Before you release you ensure the MVP requirements are met. This was obviously never done with the SONOS app. 

Their release is something you would expect of a third-tier Indian software company (is that what they did?). That might fly if you have a few hundred users. This is ridicules. I am shorting their stock as I do not think the investing public does not yet know how bad this really is. 

We have literally bought thousands of dollars many thousands of dollars worth of your product. Now you change your app and none none of that works together anymore. Nobody knows where anything is going to turn on or turn off. Nobody can pick a channel because your system is always thinking for us. Go back to the old system push the reset button and stop the insanity. Your Board of Directors is playing with fire if they don’t make the adjustment now whoever let this mistake needs to learn from it and get back to basics.  I’ll add further everything seems so segmented you want to learn everything about me, but you don’t want to give me what I need!!!!!  Music!  If you don’t fix it, I’m in the position to rip and replace and never come back and speak ill of your company for a very, very long time

I know that you're blaming phones and android 14, but don't you think this is a bad excuse. I mean it stopped going after your update, not anything to do with the phones, but your update made the Sonos widget not work. Please repair, as like thousands we're thinking of moving on. Loved using Sonos but by no fault of mine or the phones, and all of yours, you're going to lose millions, and go the way of the dinosaur. 

Hi,

The app on Android recently changed look and feel for me. At the same time, we (as in the family) started experiencing problems. For example, it frequently happens that: the app states there is no system installed on the network (but if you wait a few minutes it usually finds it), the UI on my device does not update when someone else plays a song, nothing happens when I try to play a song by tapping it in the search results, etc.

Sometimes when I try to turn up the volume by clicking on the volume up-button nothing happens, and then half a minute later (when I have left the room) all of the presses suddenly stack up and the speaker goes full blast. There are other variants, but this basically covers it; seems like this app variant has connectivity/syncing issues?

The app has also regressed in other ways. For example, in a long list of songs, it is no longer possible to scroll quickly using the small black bar at the edge of the list. When I try to swipe up frequently, the scrolling gets stuck every few pages (with a progress indicator, so it’s not just an UI glitch). Getting to the end of the kids’ song to play their most recently added song takes about one minute now. :(

(The new app is also a lot “fluffier” than the old one, which is a bit of an annoyance given that I intentionally use the smallest Android phone I can find. On the “start” page, there is currently room for recently played songs, one advertisement, and a search box, so everything is now at least one more click away from where it was before.)

Can we somehow go back to the app we used to have?

We have tried the usual stuff (restarting router, restarting the Sonos speaker, etc). Our setup has not changed in recent months, i.e. no change of router, router placement, speakers, speaker placement. I think we just got an older app version installed. Perhaps our phones are too old or something? (For me it’s a Galaxy A33 5G, running Android 14.)

(I sent feedback to the official Android contact address a while back, but that address is not monitored.)

After the Sonos app was upgraded this year, the refresh speed is very slow, which is really unbearable. The playlists added to the collection often cannot be displayed, and the prompt "Unable to load content" is displayed. Especially after adding the spotify service, although it is slow on Android phones, you can click to open and play normally, but the iOS version is ineffective when you click, and it is all white and cannot be used at all. You launched the new version without rigorous testing, and there are a lot of bugs. It is so irresponsible. Improve it as soon as possible! ! ! My current Android version is 80.02.07 and iOS version is 80.02.04.

Its ok I just think it looks a little messy, certain things I would like to customise/remove on the Home Screen for example, and I hate seeing Sonos advertisement popups, I know this was a thing in previous versions, perhaps there is a way to disable that?

Seems the Ace headphones being panned too 

https://youtu.be/aQ_tfurWvls?si=knj6uPBRKkTHnxZj 

The whole episode is a shambles. 

Was this updated app a project for a first year programming student?  Incredibly bad. Lag time ridiculous. Volume changes on its own. Very often the app can't even find my system and what's playing doesn't correspond to what is on the screen.  Finding and using my home library is all but impossible.  The whole system has become useless. Maybe this is just a bad joke.. 

Hello,

Is anybody out there?

Maybe it’s time to have the courage you’re talking about to just ask you customers how they want to use their speakers (it’s just speakers, certainly good ones and with some electronic but basically connected speakers).

I won’t comment the new app; it’s clear to anybody using Sonos products for a couple of years that the new experience turns to be a nightmare.

Beside the already well documented lost features, I would add the ability to define our own radio streams as it was possible with the now defunct (or almost defunct) TuneIn. Many ‘solved’ threads mention turnaround using favorites which cannot be edited. Sounds like Sonos does not want you to listen what you want but enforce you to listen to what they think is better for you and, mostly, for their revenue.

The lack of this feature is a no go for me and I think more and more to bulldoze all my Sonos products in favor of an alternative solution like Revox which is a well know company in high end solutions for more than 75 years.

And, for the record, I have already posted something on the topic in the feature request forum well before the advent of this catastrophic downgrade.

I hope someone from Sonos management reads this request unless they have all already left the galaxy!

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

Can anybody suggest something useful to do with Sonos Speakers, door stops maybe. What on earth has possessed Sonos to do this. Sonos, please roll back to the old app so that I can start using my system again. Sending me ads to buy new Sonos products, I don’t think so.

Oh and an apology would be nice!

Can anybody suggest something useful to do with Sonos Speakers, door stops maybe. What on earth has possessed Sonos to do this. Sonos, please roll back to the old app so that I can start using my system again. Sending me ads to buy new Sonos products, I don’t think so.

What good will an apology do?

Bring back all of my Spotify playlists.  New app says view all and then gives me a subset and I can’t choose what is shown.  New app sucks.  Sonos sucks.  Remove head from ass and go back to the old app.  

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

An apology would be pointless at this point but it would still be good to get some clear explanations from Sonos on the issues people are seeing with some guidance for resolution. I suspect that some people are going to have to wait for a future update to fix the issue they have.

In my opinion its not too late for better communications from Sonos on the progress of the new app. 

An apology would be pointless at this point but it would still be good to get some clear explanations from Sonos on the issues people are seeing with some guidance for resolution. I suspect that some people are going to have to wait for a future update to fix the issue they have.

In my opinion its not too late for better communications from Sonos on the progress of the new app. 

As has been stated many times, any communication is being run through the lawyers.  Perhaps if posters weren’t so quick on the “threaten a lawsuit” trigger, we may have gotten some clarity.  But alas, they can’t seem to help themselves. 

As has been stated many times, any communication is being run through the lawyers.  Perhaps if posters weren’t so quick on the “threaten a lawsuit” trigger, we may have gotten some clarity.  But alas, they can’t seem to help themselves. 

One certainty in life is that the lawyers always make money.

THE SOLUTION:

Disable 5ghz in your router settings. It will resolve reliability, connection and speed issues.

why should I have to ruin the Wifi for the rest of my house that works considerably better on 5G because sonos put out a crap product that absolutely no one wants except for the moronic CEO?

Amazingly ignorant post, trying to blame the people that want to hold sonos accountable is amazing stupid!

The Sonos App (S2)'s recent UI update can initially be described as a SNAFU. Nevertheless, Sonos has made subsequent updates, restoring some of my confidence in the company. Two areas still need significant improvements:

1. Some popular services, such as Spotify and Apple Music, cannot maintain a constant stream. That is, the stream disappears sporadically on one device or on the entire system (I have 13 Sonos devices) - even though my download speed is over 1GB. This issue happens far less on TuneIn.
  2. The Sonos iOS app's ability to change volume is frustrating at best. If you try to change the volume of all devices at once, the individual volumes jump up/down at will. You also need help determining the group's level (no number).

I hope the Sonos Team may address these issues in upcoming updates.

Thank you.

Amazingly ignorant post, trying to blame the people that want to hold sonos accountable is amazing stupid!

Stupid or not, it’s the truth.  Hundreds of people making threats about a lawsuit are only making things worse.  Sonos screwed up bad, but the hyperbolic nonsense and ever escalating level of threats and vile posts on this site should make people ashamed (if there is even such a thing as shame on the internet).   We’ve actually had posters suggest the CEO apologize to his wife and kids and then shoot himself in the head.  If that’s the level this has gotten to, everybody needs to look themselves in the mirror and figure out in what reality should anyone be that emotionally disturbed about a stupid audio app. 

And let’s face it, nobody threatening a lawsuit is “holding sonos accountable”, because nobody has even contacted a lawyer, never mind filed a suit.  It’s just another case of the “How can I post something more threatening and outrageous than the last poster???!!!” escalation of absurdity that leads to the sick posts above as the next line being crossed. 

It would show that they after all has some respect for their customers.

As I have said before, I have in my professional life experience of another vendor of whom representatives more than once has asked their customers for apologies, and also said “we hear you loud and clear”. Granted, that is for a professional product and not a consumer product.

At the end of that AMA they had some weeks back one of the Sonos persons admitted that their communication could have been better. And indeed, had they introduced new app as “we releasing this now to support new products, and sadly a few features will be missing for a while, but we hope to deliver these soon, and in the end,  you will get a lot better app”, they would had been a in lot better position.

(Although releasing the new app with full support for blind people is simply not acceptable.)