New Sonos App - Anyone else having issues?

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

55 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Razza @Mike Ed @GavinHockley, sorry for the late response, thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community.

@Razza and @Mike Ed, I would like both of you to download the Sonos S1 app and try to reconnect to the Sonos system.

Once connected, take a diagnostic and reply with the confirmation number in this thread. So, I can take a closer look at the Sonos system.

If you’re unable to connect, private message me the email address; both of you used to register the Sonos products with and I’ll take a look.

@GavinHockley, I would like to know if there’s already a Sonos system set up prior to the Sonos Arc.

I would also like to know what color of the led light the Sonos arc has currently and your router’s model as well.

If we have an existing Sonos system prior to the Arc, I would also want you to take a diagnostic of your Sonos system.

Here’s how to take a diagnostic: Settings > Help & Tips > Submit Diagnostic.

If you have other concerns, feel free to reach out.

I have just received my new Arc which prompted the download of S2. Now S2 won’t find my Arc?!

Can’t restore the Arc as it wasn’t set up in the first place. Have tried restarting the router, the restarting the App devices, connecting to ethernet and still nothing.

To make matters worse the UK Sonos helpline says that it isn’t currently open and all I can do is complete the webform for a replacement which may take 2 weeks for a response. Seems like Sonos have created an issue that we are all paying for, literally.

I have the same issue, now I have a Move which is only good for using as a door stop 🤬

Userlevel 2

The email the other day didn’t specify different generations. It just said it was the latest version of the app and that I should download it. Which I did. Now I can’t get my iPhone to recognise my Sonos speaker. It’s frustrating because the old app I had worked fine. Now it’s deleted (also recommended in the emailed instructions!)

Stuff like this should be seamless, not a big hassle for users.

Make sure you downloaded the correct app version. For Sonos systems of generation 1, use the S1 app, otherwise, use the S2 app. Sonos is hard to setup and use, both hardware and software.