Skip to main content

I bought the latest IPad only to tune my Sonos and still waiting for the update so I can use trueplay. Any idea when this will be released???

Hi @Kimmie.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. Let me share with you some information to help out.

I would like to share with you the guide about Trueplay-compatible devices and Sonos products so we can be up-to-date on what’s the up coming Apple products that will be supporting trueplay.

Coming soon

• iPad (8th generation)
  • iPad Air (4th generation)

Not supported

• iPod touch (7th generation)
  • iPad Pro 11-inch (2nd generation)
  • iPad Pro 12.9-inch (4th generation)

I would be more than happy to send this to our engineering team as a feature request to let them know that we have customers awaiting this feature. I would suggest subscribing to our announcement topic for any feature release, feature updates, and bug fixes. Just to set your expectation, you will not be contacted for any progress on this feature request, so I highly suggest subscribing to this thread and to our announcement topic.

If you have any other questions, concerns, or feature requests, please do not hesitate to reach out or create a topic. We highly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Coming soon

• iPad (8th generation)
  • iPad Air (4th generation)

It has been a few months now since the release of these devices. When can we expect Trueplay?

Hi @albertvanderiet 

Sorry, we don’t have any further information to share about the support of TruePlay on the 8th Gen iPad, or 4th Gen iPad Air, at this time. When we do have information to share, it will be on the website at the Trueplay-compatible devices and Sonos products page.

It can be a while or really quick. I gave up waiting for the v7 update to be ready and picked up a v6 device off ebay cheap.