Lost alphabetical list of Pandora stations

• 16 November 2017
  • 69 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

69 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi, the Pandora stations are now sorted by most recently played. There isn't currently a way to change up the order, but we'll share the request with the team. This sorting is the same as you'd find within the Pandora apps by default. Though they do have the option to toggle between the views which isn't available on Sonos at this time.
I also got the response to just use the Pandora app. This is not only clumsy but unreliable. How can something so simple actually be a problem to implement? Since first installing Sonos, I've always been quick to recommend it to friends. I can no longer do that until they fix this problem.
It's been almost two weeks and still no movement on this serious problem? There was another update today (at least I got mine today) and I was expecting it to contain the fix. For some ridiculous reason, it didn't. I'm seriously considering ditching my paid Pandora account.
Agree with multiple comments above.
Loss of alphabetical order for Spotify stations is intolerable.
Flipping back and forth from iPhone Pandora app is not a long term fix.
And, even if I wanted to do so, Pandora desktop app does not even communicate with Sonos.
Sonos --- please escalate to Pandora tech management to pursue a fix ASAP --- apparently Pandora decided the new "last played station" ordering.
Bad choice. Please restore alphabetical order option for BOTH the iPhone AND desktop Sonos applications.
Are there really no adults in the room? You think people only want to see Pandora stations by the most recent ones they played? Fine. _Add_ that option. But don't take away the fundamental, simple, easiest of all sorts, the alpha sort.

Let's see, what stations am I most likely to remember?

Hmm. The ones I played most recently...but those are the ones you show me, so that's not very useful. Which am I less likely to remember? Hmm, perhaps the one I haven't played in a while. Maybe I'm done with my classical streak and want to get back to acid jazz or Abba or whatever. Sure, let me scroll through all my stations them to find what I want. Seriously, this change is a textbook example of stupid s/w development and poor UX comprehension.

Also agree with jazzybelle267. I never had dropouts in several years of Sonos use. But since the recent updates, yep, dropping out all the time, sometimes 3 or 4 times an hour. I haven't changed anything but the updates.
Userlevel 2
Badge
EVEN WORSE.......Sonos has NOT YET replied to any of these posts. WTF is going on? Terrible service on all levels.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
As I am bored of saying, this isnt Sonos' problem to fix, its Pandora's. I haven't seen anyone from Pandora reply.
If there is karma, Sonos will be destroyed slowly and painfully by a competitor that actually gives a shit about customers that ultimately pay their salaries. Too bad - it didn’t have to happen. The high road is not crowded! but good riddance to your shit service and BS from corporate lackeys in “customer service” -
Sonos wants to drive users off their app- in a Seinfeld-worthy Bizzarro World Strategy... pandora’s app allows us to choose between “Last Played” or “Alphabetical List”- and so I’m leaving this awful Sonos app and only playing Pandora through my Sonos Speakers via their app... which provides options. Way to go Bizzarro Sonos- less users! Mission Accomplished on your slide to oblivion.
Bring back Alpha sort. The change was ridiculous when you have the allowed 100 stations.
Sonos wants to drive users off their app- in a Seinfeld-worthy Bizzarro World Strategy... pandora’s app allows us to choose between “Last Played” or “Alphabetical List”- and so I’m leaving this awful Sonos app and only playing Pandora through my Sonos Speakers via their app... which provides options. Way to go Bizzarro Sonos- less users! Mission Accomplished on your slide to oblivion.

It's not Sonos trying to drive you off their app, it's Pandora forcing you to use theirs. Pandora controls how the Sonos app behaves (in regard to the Pandora stations), and it seem obvious to me that they are leaving features out of the Sonos app on purpose to make you use the Pandora app. So, you are actually giving Pandora what they want.

What we all should be doing is writing Pandora and telling them what we think of this dick move. And, if you are a paid Pandora subscriber, maybe think about whether it's worth it. There are other music options out there.
Userlevel 2
Badge
I did not buy Sonos to be forced to use a Pandora mobile app to navigate and listen. I am a customer of Sonos, this is a Sonos problem.
+1 on this thread/up-vote putting alpha sort back in. I have over a hundred Pandora stations that I use on a regular/modal basis. Organization was already somewhat painful but now this? SONOS, please put this feature back in! My system reliability has been degrading over the last year (still debugging), the app is less usable (Rooms...add/group...back...Browse Music...select...back...now goto room and do stuff - figure I'll eventually get used to this non-linear function but really don't care for it), but this recent little hit to UX is about my last straw. Feedback from a long-time customer and evangelist, I just can no longer recommend the product to anyone doing more than simple use cases.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Sonos has never sorted any music service supplied list. EVER. The order of the items is determined by the service itself, ie Pandora in this case.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Dear Sonos: Are there any updates to the Alphabetical sorting of Pandora stations? It's really a pain to scroll through all stations. Thank you.
Hi Jazzy, there's no news on a change here, though it should have updated on your system a while ago, not just today. I'll pass along your request to our team. Also, it's best to let Pandora know that you'd like to see the listing made Alphabetically on Sonos.
Userlevel 2
Hi, the Pandora stations are now sorted by most recently played. There isn't currently a way to change up the order, but we'll share the request with the team. This sorting is the same as you'd find within the Pandora apps by default. Though they do have the option to toggle between the views which isn't available on Sonos at this time.
Userlevel 2
Badge
I use my MAC desktop Sonos controller for Pandora stations. Since the latest update, not only is the A-Z order missing, I cannot delete stations or add variety (on desktop)! Have to use the phone controller for all adjustments. This entire update is a giant cluster F@*K if you ask me. Hate it! PLEASE fix it ya'll!!!!!
Userlevel 2
Badge
Thank you AEK123. I was also wondering if I could uninstall Sonos and reinstall with 8.1. Hopefully, we will get an answer. All I know is that my entire Sonos/Pandora listening experience is hideous now. COME ON SONOS! DO SOMETHING!
Userlevel 2
The Pandora stations are not ordered by date added but rather in the order of when you last listened to them. But it’s still a VAPID idea. I know someone had to object during the process of making this change, so it wasn’t an oversight. Why would you do this? It’s almost as if a competitor were paying Sonos to make Pandora unpleasant to use! Get it together Sonos.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
This fix would be from Pandora, not Sonos: they control the order items are shown. (See also: large thread about Tidal having a similar problem).
Userlevel 2
Badge
And furthermore........with the new update (8.2), Pandora stops playing constantly, after about 5 songs. Come on you guys. FIX IT! My Sonos is on 24/7......and I used LOVE it.....now, it's a big pain in the butt! FIX IT PLEASE!
Userlevel 2
Badge
Well spoken, ilex. I have 100 stations and its a pain! I don't get what they are thinking. Everything was great before....and no one addresses our concerns. I have even tweeted them with no luck. Sonos is failing right now in my eyes.
Adding my voice to this thread. SONOS, FIX THE PROBLEM PLEEEEASE. Removing the Alphabet Sort from Pandora (or any music service) makes using them a major problem. And I find myself using Pandora less and less because of it. All of my music was carefully indexed and easy to access. The loss of functionality is totally unacceptable for a system as amazing as yours. Thanks for the quick fix.
I came looking to see WTF was going on — and here it is: a "fix" that no one asked for and which everyone hates. No one seems to have mentioned the idiotic Pandora flash screen; it's no better than a "welcome to this website click to continue" page on a poorly designed website. FIX IT. Off to yell at Pandora now.
Userlevel 5
Badge +9
ilex I agree with your post. But I also recommend letting Pandora know. Informing them they will lose subscriptions might have am impact on their view also.
I followed up a previous email in Nov, with another asking for any news and informing them I will drop Jan 1 2018. I got back a response of no news but here are some Pandora forums.