Leaving Sonos behind

• 5 November 2017
  • 36 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

36 replies

Oh c'mon Thomas, are you saying that your Raspberry based solution is easier for most laymen to manage compared to Sonos? I don't dare venture near the Raspberry!
Oh c'mon Thomas, are you saying that your Raspberry based solution is easier for most laymen to manage compared to Sonos?
Hi Kumar, what makes you think I said such rubbish?
Of course Sonos always was - and still is - much easier and I never said anything else.
So easy, that's what I called it.
Userlevel 5
Badge +7
I trust that this whole thread is sarcasm Thomas. Because I cannot see the sense in moving from Sonos to that replacement system.
Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Trying to work out what I was doing wrong with quick grouping today, I realised it was unpredictable/ broken.

Trying to look like a faux iPhone app has done it no favours at all.

Many of the reported symptoms surface for updates even where there is no UI change. They relate to IP address conflicts exposed by the update. Research fixing these issues and fix them. They will arise in future also, if left unfixed.

The problem is that a UI refresh has to necessarily involve an update and the system can then appear to be broken for two reasons, compounding the problem. A large part of which is fixable by users by doing some research.

I have no IP conflicts and no amount of research can roll back my firmware and App to 7.4 unfortunately..
hopefully Sonos can redeem themselves to some extent with the next update ..
I know you will be different, but I am sure that you also know that going by the history of updates here for many years, many users will get used to this one and complain bitterly when the next one shows up - one that is as much a change from this one as this one is from its forbears.

My apologies for thinking you may have IP conflicts.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
After this recent update, I can't seem to figure out how do I choose the line in on my Sonos P90 connect...
Where in this new Android app is the option for me to tap on and listen the sound that goes in the P90 line in on my living room so I can listen to the music on my bedroom?

And this Android app is just great, at least for me.

Which Android app are you referring to?
Ahh, ok. Perhaps it is time to get myself a Raspberry and play with it for entertainment and learning. Can it be used in any way with Sonos? What is the risk of breaking Sonos while trying to do so?
Gee, where have I heard this tune before . . .
Lol. I can't wait for him to sell and move on. And I am a Sonos developer that won't mind the consequent hit to my salary.

Let's see how my boss in Sonos responds to that. :-)) Capisce?
Oh Thomas...:-))