Skip to main content

iPhone SE (2nd generation) Trueplay - "Coming soon"

• 12 November 2020
  • 1 reply

What does "Coming soon" mean to Sonos?  Why does the last half-year of Apple device releases not have Trueplay support?

The iPhone SE 2020 was released over half a year ago. For much of that time this support page: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3222 has listed support for the device as "Coming soon". I own an iPhone SE 2020 and still cannot get trueplay to work with thousands of dollars of Sonos equipment.

Now let's take a look at the current "Coming soon" list, with release dates:

• iPod touch (7th generation) - released 20190528, 1.5 years since release.
  • iPad Pro 12.9" (4th generation) - released 20200325, 7+ months since release
  • iPad Pro 11" (2nd generation) - same as above
  • iPhone SE (2nd generation) - released 20200424, 6+ months since release

A reasonable person would call 6 months adverbs other than "soon". Moreover 1.5 years for the iPod touch is especially egregious, seeing as that was pre-covid. If support is not planned (ever) for a product, that should be clearly stipulated. 

Please clarify the expected timelines. Sonos Staff - please respond with material information as opposed to e.g. confirmations that "my concerns have been forwarded to the appropriate team" or that "the linked support article always lists devices compatible with Trueplay" as you have done here and here

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Sonos doesn’t release expected stuff.

I gave up on the iPodTouch 7 after just over a year of “coming soon” and bought a supported version for a decent price off ebay.