Answered

iOS Dark Mode disappeared

• 7 December 2021
  • 36 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

36 replies

Hi @James L. 

still getting this issue, on S2 14 and iOS 15.3 (latest)

diagnostics 478372309

In an earlier reply, Staff mention the need for the App to be able to connect to one of the Sonos servers. Are there any security Apps on your mobile(s) or firewall on the router etc; blocking connections perhaps? If so maybe see what happens when you switch off those features temporarily and try closing/opening the App fully (once or twice) to see if the feature shows up in the App under ‘Settings/App Preferences’. 

Userlevel 7

Still working on both my devices, after the iOS upgrade, which suggests to me it’s either an issue with Sonos’ identification/programming for the screen size of the Pro Max, or possibly a local setting. I’ll leave you to discuss with the Sonos moderators, and shut up now. 

I have a 13 Pro Max and dark mode has always been fine within Sonos app since it first launched, even with 15.3 update today.

Works under both system default appearance mode and Dark Mode options in the Sonos app, but that’s no use if the OP doesn’t have the Appearance option visible in the app.

Still working on both my devices, after the iOS upgrade, which suggests to me it’s either an issue with Sonos’ identification/programming for the screen size of the Pro Max, or possibly a local setting. I’ll leave you to discuss with the Sonos moderators, and shut up now. 

Huh. Just opened up my S2 14.0 on both my iPhone 13 running iOS 15.2.1, as well as my iPad Pro (11 inch), which is running iPad OS 15.2.1 , and both are operating in dark mode.

Let me download and install 15.3 and see if I can reproduce this :) 

Which iOS device are you using? 

Edit: Is it just the Pro Max that you’re having issues on, or all iOS devices?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @James L. 

still getting this issue, on S2 14 and iOS 15.3 (latest)

diagnostics 478372309

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi,

now running the latest general release 15.2 (released today)

still no sign of Dark Mode on iPhone 13 Pro Max

latest diagnostic 395029413

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @James L. 

will check on my wife’s phone as she will be running the latest “official” iOS.

Odd thing is, my iPad is on the same version as my iPhone and does not show the same behaviour. 

will report back 

Badge +17

Just happened again….

diagnostics 678727555

Thanks for that.

Looking at the diagnostic, I’m not seeing any specific errors in connecting to the server, but there are some network timeouts when launching the controller.

I’m not quite sure why these are happening, but I did happen to notice you’re running iOS 15.2, which I believe is still in beta. Since we can’t officially support beta software on controllers, it’s entirely possible that there’s something in this version causing this issue.

Do you have any iOS devices running 15.1.1 (current at the time of writing) that are experiencing this problem?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Just happened again….

diagnostics 678727555

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @James L. 

ahh, ok. Thanks, 

If I see it again, I will grab a diagnostics report

Badge +17

Hey @BMF,

This can happen if your iPhone is unable to connect to one of our servers in time. A diagnostic would let us confirm that, but I’m glad that darkness has returned to your device :slight_smile:

Please do let us know and attempt to grab a diagnostic if this happens again.