Answered

IOS 11 and TruePlay

• 20 September 2017
  • 97 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

97 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
That is not my experience - Trueplay does not show up at all

I am also using an iPhone 7+ running iOS 11. As stated by Airgetlam, I can confirm the same instruction for me to retune my TruePlay. Following the instruction, can you show use a screen shot where TruePlay should be at?
IOS 11.0.1 - Sonos V8

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
IOS 11.0.1 - Sonos V8

Oh that is wierd, TruePlay should be working fully since Oct 4 for iOS 11. Hopefully, an employee will be able to see this post ASAP.
Beat me to it, Ryan. That "?" was a glaring thing to see 🙂
I had to reset the entire system a couple of times before it would start recognizing all the parts. Once it was all reset I was able to balance - finally.
IPhone 8 / iOS 11.0.2 / Sonos Play 5 - Sonos app tells me iPhone is not supported. Can anybody advise?
I would like to tune my new SONOS installation; when can I use the iPhone 8
Okay that's difficult I don't have any none ios11 equipment available
Userlevel 2

Edit: 10/4 As of Sonos 8.0 iOS 11 is working for Trueplay.

That is not completely accurate. On iPhone 8 plus it is still not working.
As of 11/10/17 my iPhone devices running iOS 11 still doesn’t work.
Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Edit: 10/4 As of Sonos 8.0 iOS 11 is working for Trueplay.

That is not completely accurate. On iPhone 8 plus it is still not working.

They mean version 8.0 of the Sonos app, not the iPhone 8.
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
As of 11/10/17 my iPhone devices running iOS 11 still doesn’t work.

What device are you running?
I am using an iPhone 8 Plus
I am using an iPhone 8 Plus

As stated earlier, support for iOS 11 is out except for new hardware (iPhone 8 and 😵, which will take a little longer to configure for Trueplay.
In Sept the iOS 11 certification was “coming soon” 3 months for this still not to be certified and working on the new OS is not “soon”. What’s the estimated release?
I'm using my old iPhone 5 running 10.3 and it isn't an option, Also not an option using my windows laptop.
Any news on this yet? I can't use Trueplay on my iPhone X on IOS 11.
Any news on this yet? I can't use Trueplay on my iPhone X on IOS 11.

Assuming it is in beta testing, you will not hear anything about it until it is publicly released. Betas are carefully protected by a strict NDA. Given that, history says you can take utter silence on the matter as a positive sign.