I honestly don’t understand how this update could happen

• 10 May 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2

This whole thing is a joke, I honestly don’t understand how this could happen.

In order to launch an update like this, dozens of people need to go through this project, and it’s just impossible that they “missed” all these things. It’s screaming high level incompetence, it’s screaming higher-ups that don’t listen to feedback, it sounds like a company that does not even understand their customers.

But even when I say, “it sounds like a company that does not even understand their customers” it makes no sense, because I’m very sure that 90% of Sonos staff go home and listen to these speakers too, so why would they make their own speakers worse?

These speakers are very much a home appliance, and it’s utterly unacceptable to take features away from users.

I demand Sonos to revert to the previous version of the app, and in the meantime maybe launch a beta for this new redesign.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Of course, it is impossible that the developpers, the testers and various levels of managers missed this. So in my mind there is only a single possible explanation: this update was pushed out by the top management to meet a self-imposed deadline, maybe in order to try to please the shareholders or for another reason unrelated to the current customers needs.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

I have an Msc in computer science and software development. One thing i learned in the beginning: don't change the UI or general any interface if it is not absolutely necessary. Why should i watch an instruction video or read a manual for getting to know how a product works when I already use it for so many years?! Sonos,  get back to basics and learn about user friendly software 

People need to be warned NOT to UPGRADE to the new App.

It is buggy, glitchy and has lost many functions.

In addition it seems that when you upgrade there is no way back to the previous version😩

(long time Sonos user and lover of the system.)

They have also deleted at least 1 negative feedback topic as I got directed to a 404 page from a community search result on Google.

There are business users aswell, this is a complete farce