Feature request - Automatically jump to active Sonos

• 29 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi :) ,

this is my first post.

I’m using Sonos products since 4 years now and i’m happy with them.

Thank you for the great products.

Regarding my feature request, it would be helpfull if in a multiple Sonos device setup, the app would automatically switch to the active Sonos when the app is started.

The same would be helpfull for the Controller on Windows.

Thank you very much.

With kind regards,

Jack

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

The controller focus defaults to the last room you were controlling from that specific app. 

If it always defaulted to an active room (of which there could potentially be several) it would be irritating for someone who simply wanted to control the local device, say in their bedroom. Mistakes could easily happen. Personally I prefer behaviour to be predictable. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Jack S.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for bringing this to our attention. This is indeed a great recommendation, We highly appreciate all ideas and feedback.

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us as we highly appreciate feedbacks that would help us improve our system. I would be more than happy to send this to our engineering team as a feature request. I would like to suggest subscribing to this thread and to our announcement topic for any feature releases, bug fixes, and feature updates.

Please let us know if you still have any feature requests or feedback by creating a topic. We would highly appreciate it. I’d be more than happy to answer, should you have any other questions or concerns.

Thanks,