Skip to main content

Have my music library on mycloud pr4100 nas drive and has been stable for years but WD release a firmware upgrade for mycloud pr4100 to ver 5 and now my music library cannot be found in sonos controller app on ios. Tried deleting music library from app and now every time I try to add a new share/ library in app I get the message “unable to add add music share to your music library 900, there is over 500gb of space available on nas drive, 

No permission have changed on shares everything is as it was, tried everything with my limited knowledge can any help?

Submitted sonos diagnostics no 637465581

While you wait for a Sonos rep to look at your diagnostic, double check that the update from WD didn’t turn off SMB v1, there have been many who have been caught out by that. 

I’ve got the same issue. Even after re-enabling SMB v1, v2 and v3 with My Cloud OS 5, Sonos is not accepting the credentials used to access the folders. Any solution with this would be greatly appreciated. 

This might be helpful?

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/adding-music-from-a-networked-share-error-900-6850221#post16485216

hi Airgetlam. Thanks for that. Unfortunately adding the space after the user name in Sonos didn't work for me.

Ah, well, it was a mere hope, since the error code was the same. Hopefully a Sonos rep will look at that diagnostic soon.

Hi folks,

@Airgetlam, thank you for your assistance. We really appreciate it.

Thank you for reaching out to the Sonos community. We really appreciate your time and effort in bringing this concern to us. Let me help you with this.

Based on the diagnostic, there's an error in attempting to add a local library share failed this is why you're getting the error 900.

To further assist you on this, it would be best for you to continue working with us over the phone to expedite the process.  I recommend contacting our Sonos Customer Care support to remotely access your device and perform some tests on your music library to provide the best option for you.

Note: Anti-Virus programs and backup programs might be causing this issue. Check if you have Anti-Virus software installed and disable it.

Please feel free to reach out in the future if you have any other questions. You're always welcome here.

My cloud released firmware update for nas drive. Updated firmware and changed settings to as suggested above and now working. New OS for nas is set as default SMBv2.

enabled NTLMv1 & v2

enabled SMVv1 & v2 & v3

Scanned for music library and found straight away and indexing immediately

Thanks for all help

Hi @davidmitch, thanks for the update. I’m glad that the error has been cleared after the update. If you have questions or need help in the future, please reach back to us and we are happy to assist you here in the community.