Question

do you have issues with Microsoft and thats why there's no windows app

• 4 November 2014
  • 41 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

41 replies

I'd say "issues" is putting it mildly. I firmly believe that the CIO or CTO at Sonos absolutely hates Microsoft.

@Iain,

So right now there is no competitor of Sonos who offers a Windows app?  Do all these other companies (Raumfeld, Bluesound, Denon, Samsung, Bose, etc) also "have issues with Microsoft", or their "the CIO or CTO . . .  absolutely hates Microsoft."? 

Or could the real reason be that the low margin hardware world of CE, specifically Multi-room audio, sees no reason to support a mobile OS which has a very low market penetration?
Userlevel 1
I'd say "issues" is putting it mildly. I firmly believe that the CIO or CTO at Sonos absolutely hates Microsoft.

Wow. That's logic for Beginners. Look at other multiroom systems like Raumfeld or Bluesound. No App for Windows Phone ether.

Rainer

But not for multiroom audio, right?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Clarifying - there is a Windows App (Windows Desktop App)

There is no mobile app.

Maybe your question should have said windows rt 8.1. He answered the question asked.

Perhaps not with multiroom systems but there are 100's of windows apps that are available on all platforms Facebook, twitter, google+ instagram

There is no mobile app.

But this doesn't work on windows 8.1 RT so its only half a solution
Userlevel 1

Is there an example for "the other companies"? in regards to multiroom systems?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You think sonos is going to respond to this thread?

I notice that there is no denial of an issue between Microsoft and sonos
II

Why cant they develop apps for every platform other companies can do it

Couldn't it just be that it's not worth developing a mobile app. I know just one person who has a windows phone and that's my dad!
Sonos can not develop for every platform so you have to chose the ones with broadest adoption. 
Userlevel 1

There is no mobile app.

http://www.sonos.com/redir/controller_software_pc

Windows Desktop App

PC Software Requirements
  • PC running Windows® XP SP3 or higher, Windows Vista™, Windows 7, Windows 8.
  • 500 MHz Pentium class processor or better.
  • Latest Windows service packs recommended.
  • Internet connection for access to Internet radio stations and online software updates (DSL, cable modem or LAN-based high-speed Internet connection recommended).

There is no mobile app.

so can you provide a link where i can get the app for my windows 8.1 surface tablet or my windows 8.1 desktop
Userlevel 2
Userlevel 7
Badge +22

There is no mobile app.