Disable new “It's time to update to Sonos S2” notification.

• 21 February 2021
  • 29 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

29 replies

My App is iOS (iPad Pro), rather than Android, but are all your devices S2 compatible, or do you also have some S1 (only) devices in the Household?

I believe all my devices are S2 compatible. Thanks

So why don’t you want to migrate to S2?

My App is iOS (iPad Pro), rather than Android, but are all your devices S2 compatible, or do you also have some S1 (only) devices in the Household?

I believe all my devices are S2 compatible. Thanks

Ah that’s probably the reason why then, as there’s no reason for you not to upgrade to S2, at least that’s my guess. In fact I would personally recommend that you do, having now used both Apps myself, but obviously the choice is entirely yours.

I would indeed think it challenging for a technology company to develop for the small market, probably less than one percent, as a guess, and much more financially responsible, considering they are a public company, to develop for the much larger portion of the market.

That being said, I do understand, and sympathize with your experience. If either of my parents were still alive, I’d likely be in the same boat.  

Got the nag this morning with no way to disable / hide it. I have two SONOS systems in different homes (winter / summer). One system could be upgraded to S2, but the other house has a mix that can’t be upgraded without breaking it up. Was simplest to just stay on S1 for consistency.

Now I can’t get rid of the nag at the top of the screen. Guess I’ll just try S2 and see what happens. Wish me luck.