Question

Compatibility with Mac OS Sierra

• 19 September 2016
  • 32 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

32 replies

Badge
I am usually not a touchy guy at all, but Kumar was clearly arrogant and a Mr KnowiItAll arse himself. Meaning - he thinks I am a knobhead investing in Hifi stuff.

Ok - lets all be friends now 😉
"I don't see why a Mac OS upgrade should affect internet music in Sonos" doesn't really help. It is the same problem when I use the Sonos controller on iPhone. The iPhone is also with the new IOS.

And yes, I have found good cables and DAC that works ten times better. Maybe they did not have DAC and good cables ten years ago?

Mate, if you're just going to be an arse people aren't going to help you. Kumar makes a very good point, the tidal is entirely independent of your Mac or iPhone, you could switch those off and tell Sonos to play from tidal using an Android device or a windows PC. The OS the controller is running on is irrelevant.
Badge
I have sent a diagnostic to Sonos - confirmation number 6563637: Would appreciate if a Sonos staff would take a look.
Badge
"I don't see why a Mac OS upgrade should affect internet music in Sonos" doesn't really help. It is the same problem when I use the Sonos controller on iPhone. The iPhone is also with the new IOS.

And yes, I have found good cables and DAC that works ten times better. Maybe they did not have DAC and good cables ten years ago?
I tried with and without the upgraded power cable - it is a huge, huge difference.
Stein

Really?! If it floats your boat, good for you:-). I gave up on such activity ten years ago. Don't you also use an external DAC with bells and whistles?!
I don't see why a Mac OS upgrade should affect internet music in Sonos. What happens when you use a smartphone Sonos controller to order music play?
Badge
Another thing... I have the upgraded Sonos Connect - called Magna Ultimo. It is a fantastic upgrade by the way when you are a sound freak like me. I tried with and without the upgraded power cable - it is a huge, huge difference.

Stein
Badge
I should add: I play Tidal radio stations fine, I did not mention that it was Tidal