chromebook and sonos

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

56 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Am I deluding myself or is it all working fine just now?

Just updated to latest Sonos on my i7 Pixelbook and is doing absolutely everything asked of it right now .... multiple rooms, queues, playlists, Amazon Music, NAS access, Spotify, Audible, Sound Cloud, Radio the lot! Not missed a beat.

Has only been 20 minutes of playing but right now everything hunky .... wifi solid etc.

Anyone else had same?
Comes and goes; your queue will likely be stale tomorrow, and won't properly update.
Yep. Working okay(ish) last night, but this morning it's back to its usual hit-and-miss behaviour. Difficulty finding the system, and not consistently updating.

The acid test is whether a reset controller will correctly associate with a household when it detects multiple households on the subnet and asks for buttons to be pressed on a player. This indicates whether it can open ports in the firewall for the player's broadcast, and hence for regular event notifications. Still no dice.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Comes and goes; your queue will likely be stale tomorrow, and won't properly update.
Yep. Working okay(ish) last night, but this morning it's back to its usual hit-and-miss behaviour. Difficulty finding the system, and not consistently updating.

The acid test is whether a reset controller will correctly associate with a household when it detects multiple households on the subnet and asks for buttons to be pressed on a player. This indicates whether it can open ports in the firewall for the player's broadcast, and hence for regular event notifications. Still no dice.

When you say detects multiple controllers Ratty what does that mean Please? I have quite a few Sonos units and models and seems be fine on all right now.

Nearest I can find to a fault is that on the track play image screen (showing queue or not) that it can drop out to the room list on white background. Mind I think the Android version on phone or Nexus also does that from memory.

All my devices are on wired connections but of course Pixelbook to Router is wireless. Have not rebooted or suchlike but behaviour is near to perfect right now.
When you say detects multiple controllers Ratty what does that mean Please? I have quite a few Sonos units and models and seems be fine on all right now.I said 'multiple households' (i.e. systems). I have two (at least, sometimes more) separate systems co-existing on the same network, each with multiple players.

Nearest I can find to a fault is that on the track play image screen (showing queue or not) that it can drop out to the room list on white background. Mind I think the Android version on phone or Nexus also does that from memory.
If the Now Playing is collapsing down to the bottom spontaneously it's most probably the connection dropping and re-establishing.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
When you say detects multiple controllers Ratty what does that mean Please? I have quite a few Sonos units and models and seems be fine on all right now.I said 'multiple households' (i.e. systems). I have two (at least, sometimes more) separate systems co-existing on the same network, each with multiple players.

If the Now Playing is collapsing down to the bottom spontaneously it's most probably the connection dropping and re-establishing.

OK, and unfortunately (after about 24 hours) I just got the 'application has just failed would you like to close app' message .... shame but best I've seen for a few months.