Answered

Chromebook

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

28 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
I am having success. I have the new acer Chromebook 15 and I am running the current software on the stable channel. It works fine until I update something on my phone, say change a grouping, and then the app on the Chromebook is unaware of the change. If I shut my Chromebook down and restart it, then its aware, but if I close and reopen the app it has no effect. So there is something lacking still in Googles adaption of Android on the Chromebook, but its close. If one of the Sonos developers tries this out, they may find a simple solution. This may even identify to a developer a buggy area of code that is currently being overlooked because it isn't presenting itself as an issue on the phone or tablet. Its close enough that Sonos should give the proper attention to it soon.
I have a dell chromebook running on the developer channel and the sonos android app is fully working

Version 59.0.3071.25 (Official Build) dev (64-bit)
Hi Greg

Welcome to the Community

Technically the App is only supported on Android devices at the moment.

Which Chromebook are you using?

Many thanks